UHS-II SD Cards?

roweder

Jan 27, 2018
Visit site
This UHS-II Micro SDXC card has a write speed of 155MB/s

http://a.co/hC7SDL7

Which may make it possible for the phone to save burst photos to the SD card instead of to the internal storage. But, would the phone actually switch to saving burst photos to the SD card if you had this card inserted, and does the Galaxy S9's SD card slot have the extra pins that come on a UHS-II Micro SDXC card? Those extra pins are essential to take full advantage of the increased speed.

the pins:

UHS-II Micro SDXC Card Extra Pins.jpg

Does anyone know of any other functions a higher speed card could enable on this phone?

Thanks!

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if this will work on our phones because of the second row of pins. A normal sdcard only has one row so unless our phones have the extra row of connectors this card will probably not work.
But the only way to say for sure is to actually test it.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This UHS-II Micro SDXC card has a write speed of 155MB/s

http://a.co/hC7SDL7

Which may make it possible for the phone to save burst photos to the SD card instead of to the internal storage. But, would the phone actually switch to saving burst photos to the SD card if you had this card inserted, and does the Galaxy S9's SD card slot have the extra pins that come on a UHS-II Micro SDXC card? Those extra pins are essential to take full advantage of the increased speed.

the pins:

View attachment 283900

Does anyone know of any other functions a higher speed card could enable on this phone?

Thanks!

Doesnt work at its maximum potential. I have a SanDisk Extreme Pro UHS-II but max speed wouldnt go pass 100mbps.

roweder

Jan 27, 2018
Visit site
I don't know why I didn't see the emails from these replies, I am subscribed to the thread! Thanks to all of you for replying, my question is now definitely answered!