UK Pre-Order thread

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I finally caved and went with s21 ultra (after battling my inner voice screaming it's too expensive). Crunch point came when a tawny owl I've been hearing for some weeks out the back of my house landed within sight. Tried to get some shots and film with my current Moto one zoom phone and the end result was atrocious. I convinced myself I would be able to at least see it was an owl with the s21 ultras zoom camera as opposed to the grainy blob I have video of!!

Best deal I could find was on Vodafone 128gb in phantom black (which looks sweeeeet) 100gb data per month unlimited minutes and texts with £100 up front for £51 per month. Plus the buds pro and tracker. I am not trading any phone in so this was just as a new customer. I did try getting my current provider to match it but they wouldn't.
I went 128 as my current phone has around 80gb used out of 128 available. I regularly back all my photos up to cloud so don't anticipate needing more. I don't have many apps that take a lot of room so hoping the 128gb will do me.
Separately I ordered the 25W plug (cheaper on Amazon than via Samsung direct) the Samsung leather case and some screen protector and a couple of wireless chargers.
No order update but when I ordered the phone it said it would be delivered on Friday 29th and I don't expect to see it earlier.

Haven't been this excited about a new phone since I got the very first iPhone!

Last edited:

Aneres11

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Preordered this afternoon via perks at work which got me 15% off it via Samsung direct.
Phone is scheduled to be delivered Sunday. All that was available when I bought it as you pick the day, but I’m in no rush so will be ok with that. Won’t be working at least!

Went with silver. Not a fan of all black.
Excited to try the new ear buds out really!

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I just decided to update my order. I originally went 128gb phantom black. I reviewed my phone usage and figured I wouldn't really need to go up to 256gb. But when I checked it was only an extra 50 quid to get the 256. So I decided to upgrade to 256. That way I won't ever worry about storage and hopefully phone has a bit more value if I decide to sell or trade in

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I ordered via CPW here in UK. They said they weren't getting stock until Thursday so Friday at earliest. I wonder if Samsung are shipping to everyone at the same time!

Simon86

Jan 17, 2021
Visit site
I ordered via CPW here in UK. They said they weren't getting stock until Thursday so Friday at earliest. I wonder if Samsung are shipping to everyone at the same time!

If you have ordered on the Samsung website, like me, you will get the phone Friday, but if you ordered with Vodafone or Sky you are getting it today which I think is unfair.

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
If you have ordered on the Samsung website, like me, you will get the phone Friday, but if you ordered with Vodafone or Sky you are getting it today which I think is unfair.

That does seem harsh.

It's a Vodafone deal I have gone with and the CPW rep said I would get the phone tomorrow. When I asked him if that was accurate, he corrected himself and said it would be Friday. Obviously just a script he was reading from!

You would think at the very least everyone would get phone at same time. If not a day or so in advance if buying direct.

I thought the official release date was Friday?

Simon86

Jan 17, 2021
Visit site
That does seem harsh.

It's a Vodafone deal I have gone with and the CPW rep said I would get the phone tomorrow. When I asked him if that was accurate, he corrected himself and said it would be Friday. Obviously just a script he was reading from!

You would think at the very least everyone would get phone at same time. If not a day or so in advance if buying direct.

I thought the official release date was Friday?

Release date is Friday, I have no idea why the phones have been allowed to be sent out early.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Not necessarily, I wouldn't count on it, but Samsung have a habit of delivering early.

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm starting to suspect I may not get mine until 9th Feb. I originally pre-ordered the 128gb from CPW but phoned back and updated it to 256gb. Rep said I would get the phone next day then corrected himself and said Friday. I'm now doubting that as I just noticed when I go to website and select 256 it says delivery 9th Feb.....

I guess if I don't get a dispatch notification tomorrow I'll have to wait.
I'm hoping it's all ok as the contract I went with also says exclusive to 128gb version but it's definitely available as an option when selecting the 256 version.
Fingers crossed it all goes ok

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Woohoo! CPW just confirmed mine is being picked and packed and I will get it tomorrow!
Hoping the weather is good so I can get out and test out that camera.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvltech