Unable to change icons

gildedmuse

Jan 13, 2023
Visit site
Since as long as I've used an Andriod I've used personalization options. This includes changing individual app icons. I've always been able to just long click the app in question, wait to get a pop up, select settings, and tbe click "Change Icon"

Starting two days ago, when I try this I get a message saying "trying to load icons", a loading spin for a while, and then it goes black and takes me to the home page. A couple times it gives me a message saying the launch failed.

I tried rebooting. I googled the issue multiple times but only seem to get results explaining how to change icons on Andriod rather than any sort of troubleshooting.

Has anyone had similar issues, and were they able resolve it? Does anyone have any suggestions?

[i have an Andriod Galaxy S20 FE, Andriod 12]

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try clearing the app cache for Evie in Settings>Apps, then Force Stop it, and then open it again. If that doesn't help, you can also try clearing the app data, but that would mean setting up your homescreens again. If Evie allows you to backup your layout, then that would make it easy to restore.