Unable to connect to wifi

rbrandon97

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
So heres my problem. Just brought the HTC One a few hours ago, and everything has been fine except the wifi. It just will not connect. When I try to connect, I enter the password correctly and everything, but it just gets stuck in a circle of "authenticating" and "obtaining ip address". I tried changing the ip settings and resetting my modem but it is still not working. Another strange thing about the situation is that all the devices I have(old phones, tablets, computers) all work fine. A friend of mine who has the same phone as me stopped by the house today, and he could not connect to my wifi either, even though his home's wifi works fine. Its as if my wifi does not like the HTC one. Any suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What brand router are you using? I've seen similar complaints in the past, and sometimes people point to certain problematic brands--I think Linksys might be one. You could also try changing the type of security you're using on the router (i.e., change from WPA to WEP or vice versa). Or to get a complete baseline, temporarily turn off your router's security--if your One can connect, then it's probably an issue with the router security and how your phone interacts with it.

rbrandon97

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Thank you very much! It worked. The problem was in fact with the linksys router. I had to change the "WPA" algorithm from AES to TKIP under the security settings.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So glad to hear it worked. I can't really say much about the technical reason behind it--you'd think they'd make these things work with whichever security is available!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11