Unable to recognise fingerprint and Backup Password not working. How can I get into my phone?

A

AC Question

Unable to recognise fingerprint and Backup Password not working

Galaxy S6 Edge - get "unable to recognise your fingerprint" message - gives "Emergency Call" only option (why not "Backup Password" option) - trying to tap on Backup Password doesn't work on the "Power On" screen doesn't work and the "unable to recognise fingerprint" message pops up after about 5 seconds. I've tried tapping on the "Backup Password" option about every time - no luck. Am beginning to think this is a terrible device - spent +$800 for something that doesn't work - how can I access my device???

CVPONE VII

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: Unable to recognise fingerprint and Backup Password not working

If you can't get it to work, only thing you can do is Factory Reset the device. For Galaxy S6 the steps are How to Soft & Hard Reset Galaxy S6

With the Galaxy S6 powered completely off, press and hold “Volume Up” + “Home” + “Power” buttons simultaneously.
When the Samsung logo appears, release the “Power” button, but continue to hold “Volume Up” and “Home“.
When the “Android system recovery” screen appears, release all buttons.
Use the “Volume Down” button to toggle the selection to “wipe data/factory reset“, then press “Power” to choose that selection.
Use the “Volume Down” button to toggle the selection to “Yes — delete all user data“, then press “Power” to choose that selection.
Wait for the reset to finish. You will eventually be prompted to “Reboot system now“. Press “Power” to choose that selection.

Hope I helped 😊

Posted via the Android Central App

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Unable to recognise fingerprint and Backup Password not working

Go to Android device manager on your pc. You can change the password on there and unlock your phone with the new password

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow