Unable to turn of SafeSearch

SecularRhyme

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I've been playing with my 6P since I got it on Friday. I've just realized that I'm unable to turn off SafeSearch in the Google app. It's off in my account settings and it doesn't filter anything if I search in the Chrome bar or if I go to google.com and search from there. It's just grayed out in the app and I can't do anything about it. This is my regular google account, not anything given to me by school or work or anything like that. Anyone else ever come across this?

IMG_20151101_170256.jpg

SecularRhyme

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I've switched back and forth to and from my other accounts on my phone, and this is the only account that I can't change. Including one that I get from school which is run through Google and managed by my school.

Posted via the Android Central App

datkidpatrick

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
did you set up the phone using that "set up near device" option ? i had the same issue... i just reset the phone and set it up regularly and it fixed the grayed out safe search toggle...

SecularRhyme

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I think I did. I figured it out this morning though. I just uninstalled the Google app updates and reinstalled. Works great now. Thanks all for the help.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals41