Unbranded 4.1.2 firmware?

bakeri666

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Short answer Yes... It uses the security hole to root so it can plug the hole...

Second short answer, no. It doesn't Flash anything new to your phone so will not wipe data. It uses a security hole to gain root then once it's in there gives itself permanent root permission.

This also makes unrooting easy too. Just click the unroot button in the app and it forgets its root privilege.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
What does this root aswell? And funky will this root make me lose all my stuff?

As baker says, youll lose nothing mate. Download "root checker" app after to test

MERRY XMAS!!!X
Unbranded international s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Ichi_Bear

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I feel your pain! I was new to rooting but got the hang of it real quick. Chainfire's root kit (XDA Developers) works for me. I'm running Android 4.1.2 and it's rooted. Sammobile is the best source for official firmware. I have it on my SD card just in case I want need it to flash via Odin Mobile. Kies can be a bit of a headache. I hate it! Samsung really need to do something about that piece of junk software! Good luck! :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

AndroidS3

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Okay mate, 2 things, do I need to download a firmware to root my phone if im already on 4.1.2? !and can I back up all my contacts, music, pictures and other things in kies?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Okay mate, 2 things, do I need to download a firmware to root my phone if im already on 4.1.2? !and can I back up all my contacts, music, pictures and other things in kies?

You wont lose anything and no u can keep stock 4.1.2 mate

MERRY XMAS!!!X
Unbranded international s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I feel your pain! I was new to rooting but got the hang of it real quick. Chainfire's root kit (XDA Developers) works for me. I'm running Android 4.1.2 and it's rooted. Sammobile is the best source for official firmware. I have it on my SD card just in case I want need it to flash via Odin Mobile. Kies can be a bit of a headache. I hate it! Samsung really need to do something about that piece of junk software! Good luck! :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I bought odin mibile mate. Do u have a good link to instructins lol?
Pcs hate me :)

MERRY XMAS!!!X

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah i cba unrooting to get it lol.
How serious is the bug?
Think i have an app released ages ago that patches it :)

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
ok. il do it when i can face booting the lappy mate.
my sig' should be PCs HATE ME :)

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hermes14