Unfortunately, TouchWiz Home Has stopped.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Can any 1 please help me?
That Error always show up on my home screen, after i click "OK"
The error showed up again and again

Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried going in to your settings, application manager, all apps, scroll down to TouchWiz Hone, and clearing the data? this will reset your home screen but it will also reset the app and may fix the issue for you.

janciebb

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
This worked for me. .. go to settings/ my device. Untick motions/gestures. It's ok to keep air gestures enabled. After weeks of searching complicated means of fixing the problem I can't believe how simple this fix was.

Last edited:

nobrasam

May 7, 2015
Visit site
UNFORTUNATELY TOUCHWIZ HOME HAS STOPPED (GALAXY S4) 05/06/2015
I called AT&T tech support, they could not fix the problem,
But is also worked for me....
Go to settings, them go to My Device. Unclick Motions/gestures. Them reboot your phone.. That fix my problem phone is working like it should...

PottersWife

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
You guys are the greatest. I have been dealing with this problem for a couple of weeks, and your fix worked. I disabled gestures and now I can move apps around on my screens like I used to. Thanks!

johnnyyl

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Try these 3 things:

1- Disable all motion/gestures
2-delete/disable facebook messenger app
3-clear cache/data for touchwiz home apps by going to, Settings>App Manager>All>Touchwiz Home and TouchWiz easy Home
4-Clear Cache partition on phone by;
-Power off phone, once phone is completely powered off, hold Up volume+Home+Power buttons till the little androind pops
-Scroll down to where it sais "Clear Cache Partion" and select that by pressing the power button, once you click on this and the cache is cleared screen will highlight Reboot system, select then and you are all set.

-tTese are all the steps i took and the Touchwiz Home no longer crashes

I hope this helps!

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I updated my samsung galaxy S4 to lollipop and suddenly that annoying popup message reappeared again and again. I went to Application Manager and cleared data and cache of touchwiz home and guess what... problem solved. Thank you so much.

I genuinely think that without these nice people, internet would be incomplete.

Pogey

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
This worked for me. .. go to settings/ my device. Untick motions/gestures. It's ok to keep air gestures enabled. After weeks of searching complicated means of fixing the problem I can't believe how simple this fix was.
This worked my s4 thanks for the solution!

Last edited:

Dani x

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
Try these 3 things:

1- Disable all motion/gestures
2-delete/disable facebook messenger app
3-clear cache/data for touchwiz home apps by going to, Settings>App Manager>All>Touchwiz Home and TouchWiz easy Home
4-Clear Cache partition on phone by;
-Power off phone, once phone is completely powered off, hold Up volume+Home+Power buttons till the little androind pops
-Scroll down to where it sais "Clear Cache Partion" and select that by pressing the power button, once you click on this and the cache is cleared screen will highlight Reboot system, select then and you are all set.

-tTese are all the steps i took and the Touchwiz Home no longer crashes

I hope this helps!

I have had the message on my s4 unfortunately 'ee explore has stopped' and I keep getting the message 'touchwiz home has stopped' and my phone suddenly crashes after I press stop and I can't do anything but pull the status bar down at the top of the screen. I always end up turning it off and my phone starts working again. I've tried factory resetting which if anything made it worse. I've tried cleaning all cache from the two apps and clearing data too which I thought worked but didn't then I tried untiring in motion and gestures I thought that worked, it didn't. So i came across this about turning my phone off and removing cache partition and so far no problems...I'm just gonna cross my fingers it's worked cause it's been doing my head in! I'm not sure if it is the lolly pop update cause I had no problems last week or before it only started a few days ago.? If this hasn't worked I don't know what to do. Does anyone else have any more ideas on why this is happening and how to stop it???

Last edited by a moderator:

James Wilkins3

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
I thought I was at the end of my rope and would have to do a factory reset which would require insuring a backup was done so that when you reinstall all your apps it will restore your passwords and settings.
Instead, I tried the "RESET SETTINGS" feature rather than "FACTORY RESET" and this got rid of the TouchWiz message and enabled me to move my ICONs around again. It is painless other than maybe losing your background screen colors or your phone ringers, etc.

On my S4, go to SETTINGS / Back up and reset / Personal data / Reset settings

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xenomorf