Unlock of Phone

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
This my husband's account . He passed away last week . My issue is that is phone is locked . I tried a few patterns ,but no luck . Any idea on how to get the phone unlock without doing a factory reset . Thanks ! :-$

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Factory reset won't get you past the security, so don't bother going there... If you don't know passwords, toss the phone (after running over it with your car)...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Our condolences for your loss. Unfortunately, there is no way to bypass this kind of security (unless, I suppose, you hire a high-priced cybersecurity expert/hacker). You could try contacting your carrier or Google to see if they have any kind of special exceptions for family hardship, but I've never heard of one. Sorry!

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
https://support.google.com/accounts/troubleshooter/6357590?hl=en

"Make a request for a deceased person's account
We recognize that many people pass away without leaving clear instructions about how to manage their online accounts. We can work with immediate family members and representatives to close the account of a deceased person where appropriate. In certain circumstances we may provide content from a deceased user's account. In all of these cases, our primary responsibility is to keep people's information secure, safe, and private. We cannot provide passwords or other login details. Any decision to satisfy a request about a deceased user will be made only after a careful review."

Contact Google... not sure if they are going to be able to unlock the phone... they might though... worth a shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts