Unlock, root and install custom Rom on Hboot 1.5 in (3) steps.

gbert88

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
When I enter cd C:\rootevo3dnew and hit enter it still comes up the system cannot find the path specified ? Should the computer show that a connection was made when I plug the phone in ? When I plug the phone in the phone goes to fastboot usb but the computer has nothing pop up, shouldnt my computer show a pop up that the phone was just connected ? I"am running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, thanks.

Ok. The rootevo3dnew3dnew zip file place it on your desktop. Unzip it to the same location. Your desktop. Now open your windows explorer and go to the c drive. It should have your user folder and program folder and so on. Just drag the unzipped rootevo3dnew3dnew folder into the c drive. Then try the commands

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

stanlm2

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Unlock, root and install custom Rom on Hboot 1.5 in (3) steps

thanks! this guide was great, had no trouble at all on my evo3d that was htc unlocked. my favorite new feature, silly enough, is the translucent black notification and settings bar from cleanrom dev edition. suffered through blinding white stock bar for too long :D

update: man, i didn't realize how slow stock was. i should've tried this a long time ago

Last edited:

BikerBill1968

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site

Hi,

I went through all the steps and all went well until I try to back my existing rom or flash the this rom.
I get a message e:\ Can't mount /sdcard

I verified that all the files are in fact on the card.. any ideas ??

Thanks
Bill

Update just in case anyone is having the same trouble... I had HTC sync running, I remembered that being a no no once while rooting my EVO 4g. I turned it off, and now am able to do a back up.. I will cross my fingers and hope all goes well from here ;)

That was it.. all is working well

Thanks again...

Last edited:

dlwman7

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site

there is one minor thing you can change. where your talkiing about opening cmd promt
(6. Open the command prompt on your PC (press START and type cmd) In the command window, type: \cd\rootevo3dnew to get to C:\rootevo3dnew). ) THERE JUST HAS TO HAVE A SPACE BETWEEN (\spaceCD\ROOTEVO3DNEW) IT TOOK ME A LITTLE BIT TO FIGURE IT OUT
:)

THANKS FOR THE WRITE UP GOT ME A NEWBEE THRU IT

Smallbford

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

Hey I"am messing with my girlfriends evo 3d. She had her phone replaced and received an evo 3d with 1.5 hboot and hers is S-OFF so from what I understand according to the net it must have been originally rooted with revolutionary and had S-OFF then they reconditioned it and re locked the bootloader. Well a friend of hers got it to be unlocked again, so its 1.5 hboot unlocked with S-OFF but the only thing is it wont go in to recovery when I try to, to flash a rom, it just shows a red triangle and all I can do is pull the battery and put back in, power on then it will boot ok back to the factory rom, just also all the apps like busy box and rom manager all say that i do not have root access and i also installed superuser prior to that. I dont know what all her friend did, but I think its just missing something at the end ? Can anyone tell me how to get the root access working, or send me to the right place that tells me what I need to do, just remember I"am old school just not old old though, so I"am not a whiz at this stuff, but if its posted step by step clearly and nothing left out such as not listing hit enter where many people leave things out assuming everyone knows they were supposed to do a certain something so they dont post it just assume everyone knows. Sorry to ramble, just want to get this done so I can get her factory ( bloatware filled ) rom off and put the deck ics rom on and have all the crap removed, this guy rocks love his roms. Thanks to anyone that can help.

shigx

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

I seriously need some help and I figure this is the best place to ask. I cannot get to the disclaimer when trying to turn S-off. I've followed the HTC guide to a T and I got to the point where I enter "fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin" into the command prompt. I enter it, see the message after then nothing. My phone still does not have S-Off and after trying for 3 or more hours I'm frustrated and tired. Can someone please help me? I'm using an EVO 3d with hboot 1.50

abdulla.ali79

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

Thanks a lot every thing worked perfect.
Is it possible to installe a foreign language (Arabic)? because every time i receive a text message in arabic it shows all stars and dots.
I need help in this please

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

your are not going to get s-off with hboot 1.5. what you did through HTC was unlocked the bootloader, thats the best its going to get for us on 1.5.

If your in the bootloader it should say unlocked at top of the screen,if it does your set to go.install a recovery and enjoy

I seriously need some help and I figure this is the best place to ask. I cannot get to the disclaimer when trying to turn S-off. I've followed the HTC guide to a T and I got to the point where I enter "fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin" into the command prompt. I enter it, see the message after then nothing. My phone still does not have S-Off and after trying for 3 or more hours I'm frustrated and tired. Can someone please help me? I'm using an EVO 3d with hboot 1.50

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

You need to install a custom recovery

[GUIDE] HTC Unlock Hboot 1.50 + TWRP Recovery + Root + Flash!! [9.11.11] - xda-developers

Hey I"am messing with my girlfriends evo 3d. She had her phone replaced and received an evo 3d with 1.5 hboot and hers is S-OFF so from what I understand according to the net it must have been originally rooted with revolutionary and had S-OFF then they reconditioned it and re locked the bootloader. Well a friend of hers got it to be unlocked again, so its 1.5 hboot unlocked with S-OFF but the only thing is it wont go in to recovery when I try to, to flash a rom, it just shows a red triangle and all I can do is pull the battery and put back in, power on then it will boot ok back to the factory rom, just also all the apps like busy box and rom manager all say that i do not have root access and i also installed superuser prior to that. I dont know what all her friend did, but I think its just missing something at the end ? Can anyone tell me how to get the root access working, or send me to the right place that tells me what I need to do, just remember I"am old school just not old old though, so I"am not a whiz at this stuff, but if its posted step by step clearly and nothing left out such as not listing hit enter where many people leave things out assuming everyone knows they were supposed to do a certain something so they dont post it just assume everyone knows. Sorry to ramble, just want to get this done so I can get her factory ( bloatware filled ) rom off and put the deck ics rom on and have all the crap removed, this guy rocks love his roms. Thanks to anyone that can help.

shigx

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

you need a recovery, did you get the bootloader unlocked?

leo1305

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site

hey on my phone when i put in \\ fastboot boot cwm-4.0.1.4-shooter.img \\ it says remote not allowed ??
any idea why?

Smallbford

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

Does anyone know of another method other than the htc method to root an evo 3d 1.5 hboot ? I know cant get s-off but even with s-on just hate the htc method, I would love a root method where the software does all the work so anyone can do it easily. Now changing roms and kernels is so much easier using the flash image gui app and the guys at htcevohacks hit a home run with their video and pictured step by step process so all us dummies can easily change roms and kernels with no computer and no cmd screen, no abd crap.

Smallbford

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site

Does anyone know about this other method of rooting an evo 3d with 1.5 hboot its called HTC Super Tool V3 ? I found it on a few sites. I just want to know if they are yanking our chain, from what it lists its a hook up to your computer via data cable and the HTC Super Tool V3 is supposed to do all the work and get you s-off ? Is this too good to be true ????

jwitgen

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site

HELP. I'm almost done unlocking my bootloader I unlock token the HTC unlock screen doesn't pop up on my phone... now what? the command prompt says C:\Evo>fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
sending 'unlocktoken' (0 KB)...
FAILED (remote: loading custom splash failed)
finished. total time: 0.001s

Last edited:

Tilley90

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

Hey, I'm new to all this so any help would be appreciated. I'm stuck on the very last step. While in recover mode i went into install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > CleanROM Reborn 1.1zip. After attempting to install it, i get a message on my phone saying:

"Installing: /sdcard/CleanROM Reborn1.1.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
E:Can't open /sdcard/CleanROM Reborn 1.1.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted"

Anyone know what I can do?

I also tried installing CleanROM_GBE_1.6.zip and got this message:

"E:Error in /sdcard/CleanROM_GBE_1.6.zip
(Status 0)
Installation aborted"

Last edited:

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey, I'm new to all this so any help would be appreciated. I'm stuck on the very last step. While in recover mode i went into install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > CleanROM Reborn 1.1zip. After attempting to install it, i get a message on my phone saying:

"Installing: /sdcard/CleanROM Reborn1.1.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
E:Can't open /sdcard/CleanROM Reborn 1.1.zip
(bad)
Installation aborted"

Anyone know what I can do?

I also tried installing CleanROM_GBE_1.6.zip and got this message:

"E:Error in /sdcard/CleanROM_GBE_1.6.zip
(Status 0)
Installation aborted"

Initial thought is a corrupt download but since it happened with two separate downloads I think your SD card is suspect. Do you have another SD card you can try?

Sent from my Dooderbutt powered Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Tilley90

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

I downloaded both from scott's rom and no but if it comes down to it, I can always buy another one. Is there a chance it might be a setting or something I'm doing wrong?