Unrevoked3/EVO fresh help!

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
My phone must be rooted cause Titanium Backup is running on my phone. Maybe I'll have more luck today.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Have you installed the latest clockwork recovery using ROM manager?

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

I was just about to post about this.....LOL

After installing Titanium, I had to download BusyBox. After I downloaded that I went back into ROM Manager and was FINALLY able to download Clockwork Recovery!!!!! I already have the ROM I want to use on my SD card but I want to wait until I get home to flash that, just in case :p

Thank you everyone for your help!!

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I was just about to post about this.....LOL

After installing Titanium, I had to download BusyBox. After I downloaded that I went back into ROM Manager and was FINALLY able to download Clockwork Recovery!!!!! I already have the ROM I want to use on my SD card but I want to wait until I get home to flash that, just in case :p

Thank you everyone for your help!!

Screw just in case....

Go into Rom manager and create a back up then your good...

if you mess up just go back into Recovery -> Nandroid -> Restore -> pick the only one that should be there...

There is your Safety net... not your home pc... you feel me :cool:

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Screw just in case....

Go into Rom manager and create a back up then your good...

if you mess up just go back into Recovery -> Nandroid -> Restore -> pick the only one that should be there...

There is your Safety net... not your home pc... you feel me :cool:

^what he said lol

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

As tempting as that sounds, I'm that 1 in a million statistic where something could go wrong.....LOL

Let's pretend I gather enough courage to flash this ROM now and something does go wrong. All I have to do is go into Recovery (Power + Volume Down)? Going through that will fix it?

I'm sorry if these sound like dumb questions but like I said, I'm that 1 in a million statistic :p

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
As tempting as that sounds, I'm that 1 in a million statistic where something could go wrong.....LOL

Let's pretend I gather enough courage to flash this ROM now and something does go wrong. All I have to do is go into Recovery (Power + Volume Down)? Going through that will fix it?

I'm sorry if these sound like dumb questions but like I said, I'm that 1 in a million statistic :p

Just your Safety net now is Nandroid and Recovery... Not your PC...

Make sure you Back Up Thru Nandroid

If you Screw up Just restore...

BUT!!!!!! After you Back up and you decide its time to Flash...

you need to do a few things before Flashing the new Rom

Wipe Data/cache

then go to advanced -> wipe Dalvik

If you dont do this you WILL get a boot loop...

Now be a man... I think that VDub is making you soft... :p

bagger

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Do it, do it! You're 100% safe if you follow the guidelines that have been laid down in the last few posts. Do a backup, and wipe before you flash. Oh, make sure you have titanium recently backed up, but ONLY BACKUP USER APPS! If you pull all kinds of old system data to a new rom, you're asking for stuff to be haywire.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Do it, do it! You're 100% safe if you follow the guidelines that have been laid down in the last few posts. Do a backup, and wipe before you flash. Oh, make sure you have titanium recently backed up, but ONLY BACKUP USER APPS! If you pull all kinds of old system data to a new rom, you're asking for stuff to be haywire.

LoL YES!!! Bagger joined in haha...

Peer Pressure much... :p

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

Going through the backup process with ROM Manager (file name has today's date in there) and once that's done I'll do the wipe.

Peer pressure sucks :p

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Backed up through ROM Manager, now backing up apps only through Titanium..........where do I go to wipe?

EDIT: Wiped data/cache and my phone is rebooting now.

Last edited:

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Backed up through ROM Manager, now backing up apps only through Titanium..........where do I go to wipe?

EDIT: Wiped data/cache and my phone is rebooting now.

You forgot Wipe Dalvik under advanced in Clockwork... If you get bootloops its because of this... good luck

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
You forgot Wipe Dalvik under advanced in Clockwork... If you get bootloops its because of this... good luck

Did that too, forgot to mention it.

Didn't know I could have backed up and wiped data/Dalvik upon selecting "Install ROM from SD Card"

Flashing ROM now.

**fingers crossed**

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Boot loop :(

Maybe its the ROM? I did everything you guys said to do.

Restoring now.

Wait!!! Which rom was it?

Fresh is Known for a boot loop...

you might wanna check out Damage control or Baked snack or whatever its called...

Even Toast's t0ast3d de1ight...

MAKE SURE YOU WIPE!!! Dont be a Dirty boy... :confused:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ron1morgan