Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

enzie5454

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Okay, so I just got the link emailed to me (Thanks Jason!). I'm far from a pro, is it like a normal update? Do I just click on the link through my phone email and the phone updates automatically? I will back up my data before I do.

Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

You need to run it from a windows 7 computer. It's a great update so far, except I still don't have any data roaming... And even more irritating, I can't figure out how to access the call history when on a call...lol.

DashEndar

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site

I just downloaded the update from the link. I have plugged in my phone to my Windows 7 laptop. However, when I try to run the RUU nothing happens. When installing the drivers when I plug it in, my computer says it can't find the Android Phone driver, is that the problem? Anyone willing to help me out please?

Mark Zagotti

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I just downloaded the update from the link. I have plugged in my phone to my Windows 7 laptop. However, when I try to run the RUU nothing happens. When installing the drivers when I plug it in, my computer says it can't find the Android Phone driver, is that the problem? Anyone willing to help me out please?

It did help to have the most recent version of HTC's syncing software on my computer.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

DashEndar

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site

I don't mean to turn this into a help topic, if anyone would like to help me via PM or another thread,

I just installed the latest version of HTC sync manager and still nothing happens when I run the RUU. It goes through that first loading bar and then seemingly nothing happens after that.

DashEndar

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site

It does recognize my phone, but the RUU doesn't do anything once it opens for that initial loading bar. I can see my phone in HTC Sync Manager and move files, backup, etc. though

xplod

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

thats wird. when i did it , it was doing the same. i installed the new sync manager, had it open and connected. then installed the rru.

DashEndar

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site

Yea I just don't know. On my Windows 7 PC I installed the latest HTC Sync Manager 2.4.36.0. I plug in my phone, and it installs all the drivers fine, and "Android Phone" turns into My HTC. I then see it come up in HTC sync manager. However, when I run the RUU nothing happens. On my Windows 8.1 PC, I installed the latest HTC Sync, installed all the drivers, etc., and then the screen to flash the ROM comes up, but when it gets to the part to load into the bootloader, I guess because its Windows 8.1 it doesn't recognize the phone on reboot, and then it fails. I'm at a loss here....

dyphx

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Yea I just don't know. On my Windows 7 PC I installed the latest HTC Sync Manager 2.4.36.0. I plug in my phone, and it installs all the drivers fine, and "Android Phone" turns into My HTC. I then see it come up in HTC sync manager. However, when I run the RUU nothing happens. On my Windows 8.1 PC, I installed the latest HTC Sync, installed all the drivers, etc., and then the screen to flash the ROM comes up, but when it gets to the part to load into the bootloader, I guess because its Windows 8.1 it doesn't recognize the phone on reboot, and then it fails. I'm at a loss here....

Just for grins, make sure 'HTC Sync manager' isn't running before you start the update. Close all other applications as well. After starting the RUU program, give it a few minutes before giving up.

EDIT: Use your Windows 7 PC

Last edited:

amosque57

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Does anyone know if Mo is still giving out links to the update? would love to update my gf phone shes been having alot of issues with updating apps and over all lag and issues. Hoping this would give new life to her phone

frankiepapa

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

Does anyone know if Mo is still giving out links to the update? would love to update my gf phone shes been having alot of issues with updating apps and over all lag and issues. Hoping this would give new life to her phone

Go to android central..they had an article yesterday about this update and I believe there was a link

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

DashEndar

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site

Still no luck installing the RUU. I'm on my Windows 7 PC. I have the latest HTC Sync. I tried installing with HTC Sync closed, still nothing. Is anyone here willing to help more than with one tip? I've tried about everything... Do I need the HTC MTP Device driver, because when I plug in my phone, that driver seems to fail.

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Still no luck installing the RUU. I'm on my Windows 7 PC. I have the latest HTC Sync. I tried installing with HTC Sync closed, still nothing. Is anyone here willing to help more than with one tip? I've tried about everything... Do I need the HTC MTP Device driver, because when I plug in my phone, that driver seems to fail.

Don't run HTC Sync. Unlock phone and leave it on. Plug in USB cable to computer. Allow Windows to install drivers. That may take 3-4 minutes. When asked, set USB file sharing to USB disk drive. Then run the RUU. Keep trying.

DashEndar

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site

I tried that and about everything else people here have suggested. I uninstalled HTC Sync and let Windows install all its own drivers. It still doesn't work. I tried keeping HTC Sync installed and having it closed when I run the RUU, still nothing. I've tried this on 3 different computers. 2 Windows 7 and 1 Windows Vista. I've only gotten the RUU open on my Windows 8.1 computer and then it fails. I'm about to give up and just wait for my upgrade, as it seems like I'm never going to get this to work.

Is there some type of HTC Help thing where someone from HTC can assist me with this? Does anyone know?

Last edited:

RP-88

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site

Reply to the email you received the download link in and see of they can help you out with it. mfreeland did something along those lines and Jason got him up and going.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware