Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

He did.... He did a remote access to my daughters windows 7 laptop. He had me re boot the phone into the bootloader and highlight fast boot. Plugged the phone into the USB and went into the device manger and noticed the driver wasn't correct. I think he went to windows update and installed the correct one and then we ran the RUU installer and it worked. I've sent an email to him about the bugs I've found, but haven't got a response yet and I assume he's busy. Also sent Mo and email thanking him, and letting him know how great Jason's customer service is.

RP-88

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site

When it hit Android Central, they were probably flooded with requests and just stopped it.
Would you blame them? lol Just look at what has happened here (and on XDA) since the article was posted! Sad thing was that the info on how to get it was here (and there) well before the articles were posted.

rjl2

May 4, 2010
Visit site

Does anyone know if Mo is still giving out links to the update? would love to update my gf phone shes been having alot of issues with updating apps and over all lag and issues. Hoping this would give new life to her phone

I requested the link from Mo yesterday using the email address I found on twitter (link is a few pages back in this thread) because the email in the AC article wasn't working. Got the link earlier today from HTC. Going to start the update shortly.

Vader1111

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

I downloaded the ruu last weekend, but didn't want to run it on my work phone so I tried it on a spare evo lte that I keep around. That one is rooted and running meanbean, but it wouldn't update to the new factory rom. After reading the article that there would be no ota update I went ahead and upgraded earlier today. Only problem is that I was sloppy with my backup and lost a bunch of pictures. Everything on the phone seems to be running faster and smoother now and there are no connectivity issues. I have only had one phone call so far, but it was nice not to have to wrestle with the proximity sensor when the call ended. If that keeps up that alone will make the upgrade worth its weight in gold (of course, what does it actually weigh?)

amosque57

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

I requested the link from Mo yesterday using the email address I found on twitter (link is a few pages back in this thread) because the email in the AC article wasn't working. Got the link earlier today from HTC. Going to start the update shortly.

May i ask what you added in the email? just so i can better my chances of getting a link

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Best part of the update is the change to only having Phone Storage and SD Card Storage. We no longer have Phone Storage, Internal Storage, and SD storage. Clearly, the reason the partition is too small for an OTA update is because the phone storage or internal storage partitions didn't have enough room for the update to download and extract. In addition, when storage does get full, it is much easier to delete stuff. If, and it's a big if, HTC decides to update after the RUU, it seems like it could be done OTA, now that there is a single partition.

rjl2

May 4, 2010
Visit site

Just my name and that I was an EVO owner. Also told him about this thread and that I wanted to get in on the trial

Vader1111

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site

I definitely prefer the old dialer. I use this as a work phone and I get and make a lot of calls when I am on the road. The sense 4+ dialer would show several names (maybe four) that were matches to what I was entering in. Coming from AOSP, I loved it. I could always find what i was looking for in those selections with just a few presses. Now I have an extra step to get there and its not as intuitive. Love everything else so far, just not fond of the dialer.

juice87

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site

Oh man I'm late to the party! I've tried to emailed them but no luck... Anyway I can update the phone without an email?

Mark Zagotti

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

I definitely prefer the old dialer. I use this as a work phone and I get and make a lot of calls when I am on the road. The sense 4+ dialer would show several names (maybe four) that were matches to what I was entering in. Coming from AOSP, I loved it. I could always find what i was looking for in those selections with just a few presses. Now I have an extra step to get there and its not as intuitive. Love everything else so far, just not fond of the dialer.

I agree with you about the dialer, it is a bit more difficult. I got used to scrolling through the call history to find who I want to call right there when you open the dialer, now it is an extra step. I love Blinkfeed, I hope the official update moves to sense 5.5 for the "save for later" feature. I lov3 having the entire phone memory for apps. All Android devices should be able to use the entire memory similar to an iPhone. The daydream feature is somewhat neat but not sure if I will keep it active.

Overall I really like the upgrades to the phone with the 4.3 update. The only negative I see is the change to the dialer where it is an extra step using the call history to call common contacts. I like the look of the interface, the stock email client is efficient for me, I am using Hangouts for texting, and add in network vision will wrap-up soon. The best feature that I love abiut this phone is the ability to make calls and surf the web at the same time.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

I agree with you about the dialer, it is a bit more difficult. I got used to scrolling through the call history to find who I want to call right there when you open the dialer, now it is an extra step.

Yea just swipe the dialer aside and your call history is right there

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

Still have no data roaming with this update? Has anyone figured out a fix? If there's no OTA, I'm a little nervous.....

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Still have no data roaming with this update? Has anyone figured out a fix? If there's no OTA, I'm a little nervous.....
One more time: 1. Settings/Mobile data/Roaming/ set to Automatic (not Sprint only.) 2. Domestic voice and Domestic data, both checked on. 3. Try Network mode with LTE/CDMA and CDMA only to see if one is better than the other. 4. Try with Automatic Connections on and off. (Connections Optimizer.) 5. Turn off wifi.

enzie5454

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site

Ok, so when my phone is connected, I have the USB debugging activated. Under USB File Sharing Mode, do I leave it as "HTC Sync Manager" or do I mount as a disk drive. Thanks in advance.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

One more time: 1. Settings/Mobile data/Roaming/ set to Automatic (not Sprint only.) 2. Domestic voice and Domestic data, both checked on. 3. Try Network mode with LTE/CDMA and CDMA only to see if one is better than the other. 4. Try with Automatic Connections on and off. (Connections Optimizer.) 5. Turn off wifi.
Yeah, tried all of this . No luck. Do you have the update installed and have roaming data?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52