Update music app?

APeX3181

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Went into the market to update Google Music app and now I have two music apps. Seems it just installed a new app instead of upgrading the old one. Was able to do this with my old Droid. Anyone else try this yet?

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I believe the one that comes on the phone is Motorola's motoblur music app. The two apps are different looking.

APeX3181

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
It looks like the stock Android music app that I had on the first Droid which I was able to upgrade with no problem. Now I have apps that are trying to play music at the same time.

dukenilnil

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, alot of what you would expect to be the standard Google apps (mail, music, gallery, etc) are actually moto/motoblur versions. Pretty annoying because they have the same name but different icons. Best bet is to download the ones you want and/or root and remove the modified stuff

APeX3181

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I just tried playing an mp3 from the file manager and was able to choose Google Music as the default player. Maybe that will help.

wseyller

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
The Google music app (icon picture is a headset) functions just like the stock music player from what I can see, but it also has the add functionality of signing into to your Google Music Beta account which allows you to upload music to their cloud and then stream it. This app can also listen to music stored locally on your sd card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
💀Milk😈Equivalent💀