Upgrade from s10 plus to note 10 plus

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Only if you're into the S Pen. For the first year ever I'm keeping my S10+ til 5G is fully deployed and get the latest til then. This phone is the best I've ever had.
Hello, should i upgrade from s10 plus to note 10 plus?, i never use or saw the note's pen
Thanks

SoCal Sal

Mar 14, 2019
Visit site
If you don't use the Spen, then no.

Phone is pretty much the same all around. Plus you keep the headphone jack.

I was really hoping for more perks. The 60hz screen is kinda disappointing also.

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
If you don't use the Spen, then no.

Phone is pretty much the same all around. Plus you keep the headphone jack.

I was really hoping for more perks. The 60hz screen is kinda disappointing also.

I agree with you on principle. Makes sense. But I did upgrade, really based on the overall deal. It was too good to turn down. My experience so far has been excellent. What has impressed me the most has been the FPS. it is so much better on Note10. fast, consistent and better placement. Other thing...the night mode with the camera. Very good!

Now is that worth the $400 I essentially paid after the trade in of the S10+. that is certainly debatable. But so far I am pleased. FWIW

mgbosshogg

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes.
Or no.
How should we know. Do what you want.

( the N10+ is a different beast from the S10+. The answer to that question is always go note.)
Hello, should i upgrade from s10 plus to note 10 plus?, i never use or saw the note's pen
Thanks

dendron01

Banned
Aug 8, 2019
Visit site
I'm very happy with the S10+ so far, and I don't see any major differentiating feature on the N10 or N10+ that is worth the cost to upgrade to. So that's a definite 'no' for me.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded from the S10+ to the Note 10+. No regrets, and I love my new phone. But - and this is a big one - I don't believe you should do this if you are purchasing the phone outright. The Note 10+ is a marginal improvement over the S10+. They also took away the headphone jack, heart rate monitor, and second front-facing camera. So it's not even all that much better. Basically what you're getting is a larger battery, extremely fast charging, better rear cameras, a front-facing camera which is perfectly centered on the display, a larger screen, a time of flight sensor (for 3D photos and better depth sensing), DeX on your computer, and of course an awesomely upgraded S-pen. All of these things are in the "nice to have" category, but not worth an additional $1100.

If you're going to upgrade, you should do so via a carrier lease program (I use T-Mobile JOD), or one of the Samsung trade-in deals. I bet you'd get around $500 for a mint condition S10+.

Just my $0.02, anyway!

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded from the S10+ to the Note 10+. No regrets, and I love my new phone. But - and this is a big one - I don't believe you should do this if you are purchasing the phone outright. The Note 10+ is a marginal improvement over the S10+. They also took away the headphone jack, heart rate monitor, and second front-facing camera. So it's not even all that much better. Basically what you're getting is a larger battery, extremely fast charging, better rear cameras, a front-facing camera which is perfectly centered on the display, a larger screen, a time of flight sensor (for 3D photos and better depth sensing), DeX on your computer, and of course an awesomely upgraded S-pen. All of these things are in the "nice to have" category, but not worth an additional $1100.

If you're going to upgrade, you should do so via a carrier lease program (I use T-Mobile JOD), or one of the Samsung trade-in deals. I bet you'd get around $500 for a mint condition S10+.

Just my $0.02, anyway!
Better cameras on the note? They are the exact same as the s10+.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Reasons to upgrade from your S10+...

1. Addict
2. Financially Capable and/or
3. Amazing Trade-in, Promotions, etc.

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
You have to make you own decision, no one should make it for you.

I have a S10+ and a Note 10+. The S10+ is a great phone but I am using the Note 10+ a lot more for the following reasons:
  1. Incredible battery life. Between larger battery, larger memory, improved memory interface, and other magic the Note 10+'s battery lasts at least 50% longer for me.
  2. Charging speed. The speed at which the included charger works has completely changed how and when I charge my phone.
  3. Video stabilization in the camera and audio zooming.
  4. Speed and fluidity of UI. Reacts smoother and quicker than the S10+.
  5. FPS on Note 10+ works so much better than the S10+. It is quick and fast whereas the S10+ FPS often took many tries and long waits.
  6. Dex on Mac/PC. This is just an incredible. Now I don't need a separate display, keyboard, and mouse.
  7. SPEN with all it's capabilities.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I made the jump but only cause I use the S Pen. Like others have stated, if you don't use/need it then don't get it.

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Just got a S10+ but now really debating on returning it for the note 10+. Has anyone noticed a performance improvement with the Note 10+?

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
It use to be that the Note had

More memory, better memory management
A later version of Android that the S series never got and more refined/mature

I don't know that that's true now.

Also screen size resolution of S10+ has a lot of real estate to it. While weighing almost an ounce less.

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Just got a S10+ but now really debating on returning it for the note 10+. Has anyone noticed a performance improvement with the Note 10+?

Since it is utilizing a F2FS filesystem and UFS 3.0 storage, I'm betting benchmarks will definitely put the Note 10+ on top 👍

Not to mention, the Note 10+ has 12GB of RAM across the board.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Since it is utilizing a F2FS filesystem and UFS 3.0 storage, I'm betting benchmarks will definitely put the Note 10+ on top

Not to mention, the Note 10+ has 12GB of RAM across the board.
Benchmarks have never been a reliable indicator of real world usage.

Xsie

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks
I had to deal with that decision myself, but I took the leap.
The other day I was wondering why I hadn't used a note sooner!

Liorid

Jan 4, 2019
Visit site
The problem is that is almost the same phone beside the pen, and you need to add a lot of money...
I only have my s10 plus for 4 month...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol