Urbane 2 Features - Please clarify for me.....maybe I'm slow...

pdqgp

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so perhaps it's me coming from a Note Series phone paired with my Gear S that has me spoiled and maybe I'm just slow but here's what I've been able to get the LG Urbane 2 to do for me and I'm not sure if it's just limited in capability vs the Gear S or what. Could you please help. I'm not familiar with Android Wear.

When NOT Connected / tethered to my phone via blue tooth it appears I'm only able to:

Make / Receive Calls
Send text messages: Numbersync allows me to see all of them from my phone
Tell time/Date
Use Step Counter, etc.
Use timer
Stopwatch
etc....I'm sure I'm missing a few things.

What' I can't do is:
Can't get weather
Can't use "okay google"
Can't use a number of useful apps -- really? From what I read AW 2.0 may change that but for now, no go.
Check email as there's no app that I can find
Can't us many of the apps that sync'd from my phone

Again, perhaps I was just hoping the $10mo and LTE connectivity would have gotten me at least "okay google" as that capability would have been nice.

Perhaps my watch is indeed working as it should and it's just my expectations that were off.

Thanks for the insight.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
if you are not connected via cloud, that's your problem. Most apps work for me including Ok Google. Maps actually can work standalone.
It is certainly much better than my Gear S that I had for a year.

You need to figure out why you can't get cell data to work first.

pdqgp

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Finally resolved things!

I finally resolved it all!

• Cleared the cache and memory within Google Play Services
  • Disconnected my phone from Android Wear and deleted Android Wear from my Note 5
  • Restored my watch via factory reset.
  • Reinstalled Android Wear and proceeded with the set up instructions again

I initially tried just Google Play Services and clearing things out but that didn't work. Had to remove everything and start over. So far so good!

Now when I walk away from my phone out of BT Range if they are not on the same wifi it will disconnect and then reconnect via LTE. Knock on wood nothing gets screwed up down the road. Overall it only took 20 minutes to remove and get back up and running again though. Seems faster than it was doing the same thing with my Gear S.

Seems I'm not alone in having this type of issue. I contacted a guy from Google's AW Forum who was pretty active answering a lot of questions and he walked me through it all via a simple phone call vs having to post back and forth for days.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc