US: Moto X Pure Edition (aka Moto X Style) Release Date Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: Deafening Silence from Motorola

I'm getting impatient, too. I think the issue here is more of their choice in timing between announcement date and release date. They had to do their full device announcement prior to the release date of their first (true flagship) devices. Meanwhile, the XPE was always known to be at the end of their logistical pipeline and, hence, would suffer a noticeable lag between announcement and launch date.

So, yeah, the silence on the XPE isn't helping those of us anxious to get it but it was apparently always intended to be an "icing on the cake" kind of device and not their main focus (ie bread winner).

Consider this an excellent opportunity to learn patience. And believe me--I'm struggling to get there myself. ;)

I have a Nexus 4 and S4. Have the money, just hadn't found a phone (other then the Nexus 5) that I liked enough to buy ... I wrote the book on patience (while upgrading my laptop and home entertainment!!)

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Other Android sites didn't confirm it, they all just reblogged the same Sept 3rd tweet story, which looks like it definitely won't happen. I'm expecting another few weeks of wait.

Posted via the Android Central App

guys it's not gonna be next week. maybe they'll announce the date, but expect mid September. it was supposed to be early September but got pushed back after the explosions in China ... if you remember, business across the world came to a halt after 9/11, so I think it's a reasonable explanation, especially considering the source (happy asian).

and September 9th the fruit is making there lame *** boring announcement, so I doubt they'll choose that week.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: US: Moto X Pure Edition (aka Moto X Style) Available September 3rd [RUMOR]

No news, is no news.
We're now one month post announcement.
I've concluded they either discovered a major flaw, or all ours were in the port explosion at Tianjin.

How come my stupid Sammy keyboard can predict Tianjin but not my name after two years?

lol ... that's hysterical. use the Google keyboard or Swype though!

J_Jameson

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
A buddy of mine who works at Sprint said in their meeting yesterday that the Pure edition was pegged for 9/2. The 32GB is supposed to start at $399 from motorola.com. Tab S2 is supposed to come out on 9/3 online and 9/11 in stores for $650. I wasn't going to say anything until I could get some kind of confirmation from him bt I couldn't. If he sends me a link today, I will post it.

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
A buddy of mine who works at Sprint said in their meeting yesterday that the Pure edition was pegged for 9/2. The 32GB is supposed to start at $399 from motorola.com. Tab S2 is supposed to come out on 9/3 online and 9/11 in stores for $650. I wasn't going to say anything until I could get some kind of confirmation from him bt I couldn't. If he sends me a link today, I will post it.

He is right. It was supposed to be the 2nd.

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I want the Pure as bad as anyone but I am not going to rush out release day and buy one. I will wait a week or so and check out the reviews and the comments here from real users. What is an additional week or 2?

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I am also most curious to start seeing reviews prior to purchasing (although I honestly don't see anyone competing with the sheer value that this phone seems to be proposing).

I'm mildly surprised that we have not yet seen some reviewers indicate that they have a unit on hand for review purposes. I don't expect the reviews until NDA/release date, but it's almost normal to see early posts from sites that say things such as "We have a unit on hand that we can't wait to tell you about in our upcoming review."

I'm sure that this probably means we're still a few weeks away. All the better for those who may also be considering a Nexus, because certainly there will be more information on those handsets in the next weeks.

Thank you :)

Rem3Dy

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
guys it's not gonna be next week. maybe they'll announce the date, but expect mid September. it was supposed to be early September but got pushed back after the explosions in China ... if you remember, business across the world came to a halt after 9/11, so I think it's a reasonable explanation, especially considering the source (happy asian).

and September 9th the fruit is making there lame *** boring announcement, so I doubt they'll choose that week.

His name isn't "Happy Asian". Geez....

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
His name isn't "Happy Asian". Geez....

yeah I get that boss, some of us have been following him for years and it's a joke, one that he's in on BTW (at first glance that's what runs through most people's minds) ... lighten up cupcake

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I want the Pure as bad as anyone but I am not going to rush out release day and buy one. I will wait a week or so and check out the reviews and the comments here from real users. What is an additional week or 2?
Nope can't wait and control, ordering the second website goes live.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I didn't think there was a 16GB model?

But in any case, having the 16GB version so cheap would render the Moto X Play obsolete, so it's not going to happen.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

bholt6

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site

Attachments

• 1440904604118.jpg
    1440904604118.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 1440904617464.jpg
    1440904617464.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 68

312MotoGus

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
The Sprint info is an interesting twist! What's a Moto fan to believe?

Regardless, I am way ready for this, I'll be jumping on Moto Maker as soon as the PE becomes available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindaoliver