US: Moto X Pure Edition (aka Moto X Style) Release Date Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

noobsquared

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: US: Moto X Pure Edition (aka Moto X Style) Available September 3rd [RUMOR]

Motorola supply chain is- to quote a great line in new the Mad Max movie: Mediocre.

No kidding. I'm having flashbacks from last year. I sold my S6 Edge and just posted my G4 in marketplace to get ready for Moto X but I forgot the nightmare of ordering the first day and waiting 3 weeks to get the phone! On a positive note...at least I don't have to wait for an invite lol

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

Wasn't there some new Lenovo/Motorola business news this morning? Not sure how that affects things. Something about putting their Lenovo mobile people into the Motorola brand.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Yep, but those type of changes usually take time to coordinate. More the reason to wonder about the layoff timing during the launch phase of new products.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

Here is the Link:
Lenovo's folding its own smartphone division into Motorola

Lenovo is giving Motorola everything Mobile. They are doing away with Lenovo mobile

so they're getting rid of the moto employees, replacing them with lenovo people, but still saying it's moto

call me crazy, but I'd think if you want moto to be moto, and have it replace lenovo mobile, you'd want to do the exact opposite

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
What releases first: Pure or Droid Turbo 2 ?

Does Verizon wait until the Pure is released to show us the Droid Turbo 2 or will they be released together? Seems like the Droid Turbo 2 would be a competitor to the Pure. For sure it will be an "enhanced" version of the Pure, with additional features like wireless charging, but won't offer any customization. Any prior history on this with previous Droid model releases?

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: What releases first: Pure or Droid Turbo 2 ?

The turbo was released after the moto x 2014.. I'm not sure which got released first but I'm pretty sure the 2013 moto x was announced first then the 2013 Droids

lance1740

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site

Just did a quick Google search and found this disappointing fact: the fall of 2015 begins on Sep 23. With the official statement from moto, the phone will be out in Fall, so ...

Posted via the Android Central App

jdsbmw

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Deafening Silence from Motorola

Absolutely no news at all from Motorola regarding a Moto X Pure Edition release date. Absolutely nothing. No prices, no preorder option. No nothing. Great job Motorola. Thanks for nothing.

dusoccer10

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: What releases first: Pure or Droid Turbo 2 ?

In 2013, the Droids were announced in late July and the original Moto X on August 1. The Droid could be bought in store in late August and the Moto X in early September with MotoMaker available in early November.

For 2014, things were reversed with the Moto X announced and released in August and the Droid Turbo in October.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Deafening Silence from Motorola

I'm getting impatient, too. I think the issue here is more of their choice in timing between announcement date and release date. They had to do their full device announcement prior to the release date of their first (true flagship) devices. Meanwhile, the XPE was always known to be at the end of their logistical pipeline and, hence, would suffer a noticeable lag between announcement and launch date.

So, yeah, the silence on the XPE isn't helping those of us anxious to get it but it was apparently always intended to be an "icing on the cake" kind of device and not their main focus (ie bread winner).

Consider this an excellent opportunity to learn patience. And believe me--I'm struggling to get there myself. ;)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I'm getting impatient, too. I think the issue here is more of their choice in timing between announcement date and release date. They had to do their full device announcement prior to the release date of their first (true flagship) devices. Meanwhile, the XPE was always known to be at the end of their logistical pipeline and, hence, would suffer a noticeable lag between announcement and launch date.

So, yeah, the silence on the XPE isn't helping those of us anxious to get it but it was apparently always intended to be an "icing on the cake" kind of device and not their main focus (ie bread winner).

Consider this an excellent opportunity to learn patience. And believe me--I'm struggling to get there myself. ;)

At July's global event, Motorola announced availability of the Moto G immediately, Moto X Play in August, and Moto X Style in September.

And it's not yet September.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

At July's global event, Motorola announced availability of the Moto G immediately, Moto X Play in August, and Moto X Style in September.

And it's not yet September.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

I know. I was agreeing with that.

MoPhoMan

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site

Motorola's website says $399. They tweeted Sep 3 then pulled the tweet but other Android sites have followed up and confirmed that day.

They have been far from silent. On Google+ many of the engineers have been posting photo samples, etc. They are very excited about this phone. You just haven't been listening in the right places.

Six days and counting. It will be here before you know it.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

They have been far from silent. On Google+ many of the engineers have been posting photo samples, etc. They are very excited about this phone. You just haven't been listening in the right places.

I've heard of Google+. LOL

Any chance of some links? I'd love to see some samples. It's been difficult finding too many out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred