USB Tethering

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I tested out tethering with USB on my Bionic today. It worked despite that fact that I'm not signed up for a hotspot plan. Has anyone else noticed this?

Not that 2GB would get anyone very far, but it definitely seems to be a nice feature for the occasional tethering user without paying out the 50$ for the 4GB hotspot plan every month.

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I tested out tethering with USB on my Bionic today. It worked despite that fact that I'm not signed up for a hotspot plan. Has anyone else noticed this?

Not that 2GB would get anyone very far, but it definitely seems to be a nice feature for the occasional tethering user without paying out the 50$ for the 4GB hotspot plan every month.

It's not quite as fast from what I understand as a wifi tether, but a USB or bluetooth tether is always good in a pinch.

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
It's not quite as fast from what I understand as a wifi tether, but a USB or bluetooth tether is always good in a pinch.

From what I saw the results were comparable to running the same speed test on the phone itself. At 20+Mbps, it'll eat through 2gb quickly though.