usb type c cable to usb a cable connect phone to computer where to find

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
yeah many topics last few days sorry well it seems i gotta get this type c to USB A cable apprently verizon didn't gve me that

so i cannot connect my phone to computer onto sd card so what's cheapest thing to get i don't want to get something that cost 40 or 50 bucks

what do you guys used to connect phone to computer usb

maybe this is what i need? https://www.amazon.com/Charger-Char...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6900918

Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Did you phone not come with a charger? The wire attached to the charger is the wire you are looking for.
I'm guessing the OP's phone charger is USB C, but doesn't have a USB C port on the computer.

To the OP, the type of cable you linked to should work, but I have no experience with that brand specifically.

lgossin

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Or use Anker USB C Cable, Anker [2-Pack, 6 ft] Type C Charger Premium Nylon USB Cable , USB A to Type C Charging Cable Fast Charge for Samsung Galaxy S10 S10+ / Note 8, LG V20 and Other USB C Charger (Black) the 2 pack is 11 dollars US

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Pretty much any USB-C to USB-A cable will work, but it's always a good idea to stick with reliable brands. Anker and Amazon Basics as mentioned above are good. Belkin is another trusted brand. Or you could look for an OEM Samsung cable on Amazon.

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
yeah verizon didn't give me usb cable just that black cable charge super fast charger adopter wall charger umm i well to a cell phone place from georgia phone case premium quality type c charging cable on back and then it said fast charging cable i don't know if its fast or not 5 bucks

its not really fast charging i did chat with them they say i need type c to type c, and a type c block i don't know what to do i guess this won't work eh

well i know that was a waste of 5 bucks guess i prob have to end up finding a better usb cable that also charges fast when connect to computer this weekend i guess

Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Most computer USB ports are not going to charge fast at all. Some may not even provide enough amperage to run the phone without draining the battery. You would need a USB adapter card capable of quick charging to do that via a pc (and I'm not sure if/what options there are for that). If you have a topical USB adapter in your computer, there is no cable out there that can make it charge faster.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not entirely sure about the technical details, but that listing mentions it's USB 2.0, not 3.0, so it probably won't be as fast as a USB-A to USB-C cable that's 3.0.

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
well its complicated perhaps my brother can help find me one i don't know nothing about this mess you already know i screwed up buying that cheap 5 dollar usb c yesterday but i need to find 1 that has fast charger with it right

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
want to bump since nobody said anything my brother did order me type a to type a usb amazon will be fast charge i forgot what brand he told me i think will get mon or tues not sure

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
As others have stated the cable more so doesn't determine the charge it's more so the usb outlet that's charging it. Do you know if your computer has any 3.0 usb ports? That's what you will need to quick charge via pc. The cable won't help achieve that without it.
want to bump since nobody said anything my brother did order me type a to type a usb amazon will be fast charge i forgot what brand he told me i think will get mon or tues not sure

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
yes it does other charger thing last night cheap 5 dollars sometimes it would disconnect and reconnect computer

Last edited:

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
so this is what my brother got me will this work https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6902528

i read review saying Yes, Anker [3-Pack, 6 ft] Premium Nylon USB-C to USB-A Fast Charging Type C Cable will work with the Galaxy s20. But, they will not charge the Galaxy s20 at full speed since the Galaxy s20 needs a C to C cable for full-speed charge

so i don't know is that the best ankle to use s20 plus fast charging or not if not what should i get

i

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
so this is what my brother got me will this work https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6902529

i read review saying Yes, Anker [3-Pack, 6 ft] Premium Nylon USB-C to USB-A Fast Charging Type C Cable will work with the Galaxy s20. But, they will not charge the Galaxy s20 at full speed since the Galaxy s20 needs a C to C cable for full-speed charge

so i don't know is that the best ankle to use s20 plus fast charging or not if not what should i get

i
Again, it is not the cable holding you back. It's the USB card in your computer that is the weak link. If the USB card outputs 2A (or even 500mA in older cards), then it wouldn't matter if you have a cable rated for 100A, you'll only get the 2A the computer is able to provide.

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
hmm when you put usb cable computer to phone it just going to say charge not fast charging right?

Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
well i do have 3.0 usb port besides 2.0 usb port that back of computer so not sure what you are talking about my computer is

acer aspire tc 780 4mzki5

USB 3.0's standard is 900mA or 1.5A (for dedicated charging), so you're still not going to get much from that, unless you have a non-standard card that was designed to work similar to the phone's charger with something like Qualcomm's Quick Charge. USB Type C can make use of the power delivery protocol, but that wouldn't work in your case of having Type A connectors.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qaz