Used Rom Manager to flash!! Help

shockdude

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
when flashing cannibal recovery, are you typing "flash_image recovery ..." into a terminal/shell, or are you attempting some other method?

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Nvrmnd. I spaced thought superuser was root explorer. I looked online and other people have lost recovery b4 and did a sbf. They were on droids but maybe the process is similar. I have no clue how recovery was lost. Hopefully a developer will chime in with a remedy.

His recovery was lost because he used rom manager.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

lichan

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
What errors, if any, do you get when you try to flash_image recovery? Since recoveries are used to flash ROMs and ROMs are used to flash recoveries, maybe ROM Manager deleted your recovery partition or otherwise hosed it.

Silas178

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
What errors, if any, do you get when you try to flash_image recovery? Since recoveries are used to flash ROMs and ROMs are used to flash recoveries, maybe ROM Manager deleted your recovery partition or otherwise hosed it.

It tells me "flash recovery: not found" and if it did delete my recovery partition how can I restore it?

blackops1125

Advisor
Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
when flashing cannibal recovery, are you typing "flash_image recovery ..." into a terminal/shell, or are you attempting some other method?

Do you have both flash image & new recovery on root of sdcard before you type
: flash_image recovery /sdcard/ "name of recovery".img

Last edited:

Silas178

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I did the process found here... http://androidforums.com/optimus-s-...ep-step-rooting-flashing-guide-optimus-s.html I haven't had any problem like what your having so I'm useless there. I was always told rom manager= paper weight with our phones so I stayed away..lol can you get the phone to load your original rom? Or does it just stay black screen? What's a bricked phone do when you start it?

Thanks! Followed this rerooted and I've got xionia installed but now when I try to install cm7 I get a "(status 7)" error any help??

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Okay so I didn't know (untill a few mins ago from another thread) that Rom Manager didn't support this phone most of my attempts to boot into cwm recovery, partiton the sd card and flashing roms failed but it did somehow manage to successfully flash superuser 3.0.7 but Rom Manager wont do anything else what should I use to flash to a rom that's actually meant for my phone??

Always, always, read forums and guides before doing anything to your phone! Always! We also get threads talking about I used ROM Manager before reading. Sometimes research is good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hackemail