Verizon Galaxy Nexus (Prime) Waiting Room

slimjamm

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
After all this I am totally confused. It is pretty much confirmed that Verizon is releasing a new flagship device named the "Droid-Prime", and will come with Android 4.0 "Ice Cream"

But since this does not have the key word "Nexus" in the name, will it still be an untouched pure Android experience with zero bloatware, etc... ?

And then what about us on T-Mobile, the original "nexus" carrier, I would expect a new nexus this December like T-Mo has been releasing all the way back since 2009. Is T-Mobile getting the Nexus-Three or Nexus-S II this Fall ? T-Mobile deserves the first crack at a new Nexus device, they have been releasing that brand since they started, if T-Mo gets the shaft over Verizon, that would be like ATT not getting the iPhone5 this Fall. this Fall ?
^ Boo to your never ending babble.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
After all this I am totally confused. It is pretty much confirmed that Verizon is releasing a new flagship device named the "Droid-Prime", and will come with Android 4.0 "Ice Cream"

But since this does not have the key word "Nexus" in the name, will it still be an untouched pure Android experience with zero bloatware, etc... ?

And then what about us on T-Mobile, the original "nexus" carrier, I would expect a new nexus this December like T-Mo has been releasing all the way back since 2009. Is T-Mobile getting the Nexus-Three or Nexus-S II this Fall ? T-Mobile deserves the first crack at a new Nexus device, they have been releasing that brand since they started, if T-Mo gets the shaft over Verizon, that would be like ATT not getting the iPhone5 this Fall. this Fall ?

Someone watched too much Barney growing up. When did phone manufactures start selling phones to carriers because they "deserved it."

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Both black _man_x and p3droid are saying it WONT be exclusive to vzw, and won't be Droid labeled.

*sigh*

Who to believe...

Well, as long as it comes to Verizon I'll be happy. If it's virtually vanilla Android 4.0, I could care less if it's Droid-branded or not.

Brandon

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

The imaginary "Droid Prime" has been confirmed? By who??? I must have missed it. Also if you ask me T-mobile being arguable the bottom of the barrel should be happy they got a Nexus in the first place. Now stop all the girly crying.

Reactions: slimjamm

yankdez

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
What does Droid branding even mean? Does it mean it's exclusive to VZW and carries their bloat? Anything else I'm missing? I'm confused because the Fascinate wasn't a Droid, and it carried all the bloat and was somewhat exclusive in that it had minor tweaks compared to the other U.S. Galaxy S's. But then the Bionic is a Droid phone, and I think of it as a rehash of the Atrix. So what does a Droid phone mean?

efn77mx

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
just curios (1) why if you are on Sprint would you go to AT&T (b) if you need to get a new phone would it be an IPhone? (3c) Sprint is unofficially confirmed to be getting the Iphone , so if you wanted it you don't need to leave Sprint...

My contract with Sprint is up in November, and I'm leaving them for 2 reasons. The first is that I've had some very recent issues with their customer service which I feel are unforgivable (I've literally tried every available option and went through every available channel trying to get this issue resolved...to no avail). The second reason being is that I will get an employee discount with AT&T, and I've seen no issues of any kind with their coverage around here.

As far as getting the iPhone, it's only an OPTION at this time. Or I should say....a last resort. I'm aware Sprint is getting the iPhone, but I'm not sticking around. I stated in a different thread that I blame the issues I'm having with my EVO on SenseUI itself, which is why I'd be EXTREMELY reluctant to have another phone with a manufacturer skin on it. Call me chickens**t, but I'm not one to be trying to root and do custom ROM flashing...I'm just too afraid of screwing the device up. That's why I'm PRAYING that AT&T will get this Prime device...it's a win/win for me if they do. I can stay with Android, and I'll have a non-skinned device.

Reactions: sndplace

solid_s_1117

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My contract with Sprint is up in November, and I'm leaving them for 2 reasons. The first is that I've had some very recent issues with their customer service which I feel are unforgivable (I've literally tried every available option and went through every available channel trying to get this issue resolved...to no avail). The second reason being is that I will get an employee discount with AT&T, and I've seen no issues of any kind with their coverage around here.

As far as getting the iPhone, it's only an OPTION at this time. Or I should say....a last resort. I'm aware Sprint is getting the iPhone, but I'm not sticking around. I stated in a different thread that I blame the issues I'm having with my EVO on SenseUI itself, which is why I'd be EXTREMELY reluctant to have another phone with a manufacturer skin on it. Call me chickens**t, but I'm not one to be trying to root and do custom ROM flashing...I'm just too afraid of screwing the device up. That's why I'm PRAYING that AT&T will get this Prime device...it's a win/win for me if they do. I can stay with Android, and I'll have a non-skinned device.

If you're frightened to root your phone, why get an Android device?

*edited

Last edited:

ibejack96

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
If you're frightened to root your phone, why get an Android device? Hell, why have a smartphone.

Ya, not cool man. I would say 90-95% of android users don't even know what rooting is, and most of those people would be scared of doing it if they DID know what it was. At least he's here on androidcentral and the forums learning more about the platform.

solid_s_1117

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ya, not cool man. I would say 90-95% of android users don't even know what rooting is, and most of those people would be scared of doing it if they DID know what it was. At least he's here on androidcentral and the forums learning more about the platform.

My statement wasn't meant to be derogatory, I was simply asking why one would choose a platform that has a known basis of being an open OS if they have zero intention/interest to ever explore said option. Personally that is why I purchased my first Android device (EVO 4G). The OS allows any user to tweak and customize their experience however they see fit. Though 90-95% seems a tad high, I do agree that plenty of individuals are unaware of root.

jessesmith8888

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Just to get the thread back on track......

Any thoughts on the droid hd? Is it the verizon nexus? Will it be launched before the unbranded nexus on other carriers, or simply a next gen device that has nothing to do with the prime?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

ibejack96

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
My statement wasn't meant to be derogatory, I was simply asking why one would choose a platform that has a known basis of being an open OS if they have zero intention/interest to ever explore said option. Personally that is why I purchased my first Android device (EVO 4G). The OS allows any user to tweak and customize their experience however they see fit. Though 90-95% seems a tad high, I do agree that plenty of individuals are unaware of root.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I don't know if this is what you meant by, "The OS allows any user to tweak and customize their experience however they see fit," or if you meant that root gives users more customizability, which is true, but android offers more customizability right off the bat, which would be a reason to get an android phone without root. This is one of the main reasons I got my captivate, before I even knew about root.

solid_s_1117

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I don't know if this is what you meant by, "The OS allows any user to tweak and customize their experience however they see fit," or if you meant that root gives users more customizability, which is true, but android offers more customizability right off the bat, which would be a reason to get an android phone without root. This is one of the main reasons I got my captivate, before I even knew about root.

Yea my comment was more in regard to what a user said about having problems with skinned Android (Sense), of which root can eliminate. But yes, I agree that even these skinned devices offer plenty for some users.

Digression finished.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't think that there are 500,000+ people everyday that activate Android devices and root them. If that were the case i think AC would have massive members right now in the millions lol... It took me till the beginning of this year to root my Epic. I had rooted my PRE back in the day but that was easy... Android is great and i love but rooting is not easy and not for everyone. Not even the 1click root works for everyone(me) . Most people buy the phone for what is and cause its new and mostly because other people have one so i need to get it.

Any thoughts on the droid hd? Is it the verizon nexus? Will it be launched before the unbranded nexus on other carriers, or simply a next gen device that has nothing to do with the prime?

The Droid Prime might be this Phone Droid HD. No information is out yet on either one. The only thing for sure is Verizons not getting the GSII 3G. Verizon is getting the Prime some time in OCT.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Sorry you have issues with them. I'm sure the last thing they would want is to lose a customer. It is true about the sense UI , people praise it but my wife sometimes has issues with it. IMO it drains your battery by just looking at it lol. I have my Epic and find TouchWiz to be good enough for me for now.

I understand about the rooting, it took me awhile before i tried . I just got the phone and didn't want to screw it up and pay for a new 1. As far as rumors go. the Prime is coming out on Verizon and hopefully to all the Carriers. So hopefully by the time November comes 1 of 2 things happen. After the specs and date of the Prime has been officially announced, Sprint has resolved the issue and you decide to stick with them till the get the Prime Unlimited data is great :)... 2 you leave Sprint and get the Prime on AT&T since where you are they have good service there for you... Either way you and Android win... as you can see you have no option here to go to Apple ... lol :D What ever you decide to do will be best for you and that's what counts... good luck

Zorachus

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Just read this on BGR;

The Droid Prime is no Nexus..it is simply Verizons and only Verizons flagship ICS phone, but lets get it straight it is NOT a Nexus. Google will do their own outing of the Nexus-3. Maybe the Samsung I9250 a 4.65" Super Amoled HD ICS device might turn out to be the real new Nexus-3 that will be released to Tmo, Sprint and Att. Or as i have always thought...HTC might be the sleeper OEM to give us an N1 type on steroids Nexus 3. Either way it shakes out...Google has something special in-store for us all vanilla android lovers, and it's not a Droid.

quixoticelixer

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Just read this on BGR;

The Droid Prime is no Nexus..it is simply Verizons and only Verizons flagship ICS phone, but lets get it straight it is NOT a Nexus. Google will do their own outing of the Nexus-3. Maybe the Samsung I9250 a 4.65" Super Amoled HD ICS device might turn out to be the real new Nexus-3 that will be released to Tmo, Sprint and Att. Or as i have always thought...HTC might be the sleeper OEM to give us an N1 type on steroids Nexus 3. Either way it shakes out...Google has something special in-store for us all vanilla android lovers, and it's not a Droid.

Bgr's report clearly stated that the device they would launch is expected to be the first ICS device. No way in hell Google allows a non nexus device to launch with its next OS update first. What would be the point of a nexus then?

But all of this is speculation... grrrr hurry up and speak Andy

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

The Droid HD is Motorola's flagship device after the Bionic. You can probably expect it in early 2012.

Sent from my ADR6400L

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Bgr's report clearly stated that the device they would launch is expected to be the first ICS device. No way in hell Google allows a non nexus device to launch with its next OS update first. What would be the point of a nexus then?

But all of this is speculation... grrrr hurry up and speak Andy

The Droid released 2.0 and the Xoom released 3.0. If this Nexus is the first to receive 4.0 then it will actually be the first Nexus device to release with a major firmware release. It will also be the first Nexus device to launch with specs that aren't already 4-6 months old. In other words, it'll be the first Nexus to actually make a splash.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non