Verizon Galaxy S3: 4.3 update questions and issues!

cleopete

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Except this is the Verizon S3 forum, and Verizon has disabled all those *#xxxxx# codes.

Well maybe except for the **87284 code I just used to get rid of the stupid Verizon USB installer (after editing /efs/carrier/HiddenMenu). And some other codes I ran across during the endeavor.

anewplanet

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S3 4.3 update questions and issues!

My first issue is when deleting a picture in the gallery, it takes about 10 seconds for the picture to actually delete once you hit the delete button. I tried doing a battery pull and also clearing the cache but still no change. Before with the old os 4.1.2, I could delete a picture in a second or 2 the max

kjkerr522

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
POP3 email problem post-update:

It stopped downloading email messages after 24 hours. It is not rooted and the problem only began after the update. It worked for a short while and has stopped again. Any suggestions? Anyone else encountered this?

Kelly Cooper1

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Verizon Galaxy S3: i cant get any signal using any sim card.

Hi there I have got a galaxy s3 but I can't get any service. I was a contract phone but now it's not working at all or letting me connect to a network. Help:(

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon Galaxy S3: i cant get any signal using any sim card.

Hello and welcome to the forums!
I was a contract phone but now it's not working at all or letting me connect to a network.
You had a contract with Verizon and now that your contract is up you're just doing month-to-month?

When is the last time that your phone worked? Did anything happen around the time your contract expired?

Have you contacted Verizon Customer Service?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Zafar Gardezi

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
hello every one
i m using verizon samsung s3 which android 4.3 version.
now i wants to update this.
when i check for updates there comes an eror updates are temprory unavailebal.
any one can suggest mn who i can update it.
i am in the uae and using wifi and du network.thenkd

Posted via the Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
any one can suggest mn who i can update it.
You could try using the Kies software on your computer. If that doesn't work then you could manually load the firmware, which you can find here, using a tool called Odin (just Google it - look for v3.07; find a source on XDA). Instructions on how to use Odin can be found here.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

lisalee756

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site

I have a samsung galaxy s3 with the 4.3 update sound will not work on my phone at all it will only work for a few minutes after restarting my phone then it stops I've done a factory reset and checked all the settings in the phone is there anything else I can do

Deb Freeman

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site

Ok, so I just updated my phone about 30 mins ago. Playing around with it really drained the battery. At a quick glance I don't like the updated clock on the lock screen - unless someone tells me how to "center" it. Just some things I've noticed so far:

Calendar widget is now green vs. brown
The combined inbox widget and email (not gmail) has a different look to it

Most importantly the phone seems very laggy. It's not my daily driver anymore (Nokia 928 is) but it seems very reluctant to move around. I know sometime the firmware takes a while to settle in... I've rebooted it as well. Might do a real reset to see if that brings the speedy phone I used to know back to life. Will report back on that...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201