Verizon Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean update questions

Nicholi2789

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I have encountered no problems with the update. Battery life seems the same, all my apps are working fine. I think it was a worthy update. I really enjoy Google now and use it quite a bit. I don't know why other people are having problems but all well with mine.

hh72385

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure where all these battery issues are coming from. After switching from a galaxy nexus the battery life on my s3 is much much better. I could never get passed an hour of screen time on the nexus but can get easily over 3 hours on the s3

Meg Walton

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
i am (was) very happy with my device.. thank you for the tip. i have been sent out a replacement device due to the extensive damage to my device, that 3 and a half hours on the phone with tech support could not rectify. it actually made it worse. much, much worse. this is the result of demanding consumers and a conglomerate that buckles to the pressure to pacify the masses, so they release a 'meh' version of an OS, instead of having waited 3 more months to completely work out all of the bugs and release something that works properly. i am so disappointed in Samsung as a company. they really did not do the right thing here as far as what was right vs. what was smart. they really just.. they blew it. those of you satisfied with your updates.. maybe you aren't seeing these issues yet. but they're there. and they will start to annoy or upset you as you find them, because it is negating the overall wonderful experience of these awesome phones. i went digging to seek out these issues, i was looking to see if anything was wrong with JB, hoping to NOT find these problems, but i knew what i was looking for. every OS is going to have it's issues but this is outright sloppy.. it's like the kid who forgot to do his art project, woke up an hour earlier for school, and glued together some popsicle sticks and cotton balls and didn't even let it dry. that is truly the best analogy i can think of for JB. it is unfinished, unrefined, and it truly shows. had they put just the smallest amount more of effort into this, it would be a huge step up for our Galaxy products. instead, it is a giant step backwards. when and IF they finally do work out the kinks in a few months, i will reconsider. until then, i was very happy with my ICS.. and in my opinion, JB isn't really much of a step forward (especially with so many issues).

Mungus8888

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Even without medication, JB is slicker than whale snot. Some people need to stop tweeking, due a factory reset upon update, and be done with it. Keep stacking apps on an OTA update its just asking for trouble.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

jjhoneck

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
So far so good for me. I can't reiterate how much I enjoy this phone....

Same here. I have no idea what all the negative vibes are about -- it's as good as it was before, with more cool features.

Maybe I like it cuz I've had JB on my Nexus 7 for so long? Dunno?

nDroid3

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
My gs3 takes forever to charge. My battery seems to be back to normal but its charging time is pretty horrendous.
One hour of charging from 40% only went up to 50%.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos