Question Verizon is switching from message+ to google messages. . .notification sound help!

LindaSB12

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Today I got a message in the message+ app that verizon is shutting it down and made it easy to switch to google messages so I did. I have a custom ringtone for message notification, one I made myself and have been using on message+. But I can't find a way to change the notification sound on google messages! The little meteor ding doesn't catch my attention at all but I can't find any way to switch it to anything else, let alone my custom sound. I've already missed messages. I checked settings in the app and from the settings menu. I don't see any option that allows the notification for google messages to be changed . .. just allow or silent. I have the option of another message app that came installed on the phone. I've tried it and wasn't impressed.
I may as well ask now . . . does google messages allow any customization? Regardless, the sound notification will be the reason I keep or abandon google messages. Please tell me if it is possible to change the sound notification on google messages and if so, how to access changing the notification sound .

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
ohh yeah i did get notify early this morning about this and i said not now when message came up and inside messenger because i got a halloween like custom theme going on mon so wait you can't do customize notification sounds for incoming calls? surely that's not the case individual notification sound don't need just incoming notification sound
i do have a question will i get that notification nag again or will it come back in a few days? and when samsung messenger quits what will happen if i don't convert over will it just stop working or will it just switch right into google messenger?

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
so b diddy can you answer my question despite that i told to not update now samsung to google messenger and i had also said not to when i saw it inside messenger after pop up notification do you think it will come back up nag me down the road again?

also when samsung messenger official ends will it just stop working or will it automatically switches over to google messenger on its own?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
so b diddy can you answer my question despite that i told to not update now samsung to google messenger and i had also said not to when i saw it inside messenger after pop up notification do you think it will come back up nag me down the road again?

also when samsung messenger official ends will it just stop working or will it automatically switches over to google messenger on its own?
My response was intended for the OP, who is using Google Messages.

I don't use Samsung Messages, so I can't really help you there.

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
when does disappear will my current text messages that i have samsung messenger gets converted over to google message or will they not get converted over since i refuse to do google messages as of now

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

If they do completely go away with Samsung messages the newer devices won't come preloaded with it like my Fold 6 and older phones probably get a notifications to transfer over to Google's message app

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
yeah that' what my phone did earlier this morning pop up i said not now when i open up messenger it was still there and i had to say not now

so am not sure will show up again i a few days or what i assumed prob will be forced into it instead wanting to transfer when day comes eh

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I just switched my Sister over to Google Messages from Verizons Message+ about four days ago. I was glad I got here before Verizon pulled the plug on the app, cause she's not a tech person & it would have confused her. She hadn't received the notification yet.

I just made Google Messages the default & all the messages seemed to populate. Then I turned on chat. No hiccups. Same thing when I moved from Samsung Messages to Google messages just made Google the default & it didn't miss a beat.

But now I need to figure out what's the easiest option for her to use to back up her messages. I use Samsung Smart Switch, but she wouldn't go for that. She's not into tech, but if you need to know anything about beauty products, she's the one to ask!!
🤣🤣🤣

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
i guess i'm afraid of losing my text messages conversations history individual for an example my brother when i have to force into google messenger

besides my phone contacts backup and sync i also manually have phone contacts under contacts in my gmail<-half of them phone numbers old don't work i don't know why i don't clean up i have google back up contacts and phone contacts btw

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
once samsung messenger stop working then i will have to go make google message as default it will not automatically change on its own? now when i do this then it should keep all conversations<-that what it wanted me to do if i were choose to fire up and switch over which didn't

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
i like my custom halloween color that i got off galaxy store store this past mon which made icons and background change i read google messenger don't have that only white or dark they don't have custom theme if i switch it over now it won't be that orange halloween color that from galaxy store on samsung messenger to google messenger

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Under wallpaper choose different color Palette it will change messages color and other UI color changes
25aef4495c0f3cbc60dc8fe9fcfaef3b.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spunkydj