Verizon....it's time.

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
It's time you start to differentiate yourself.

It's time you started acting like the biggest and best provider.

It's time you stop following what the other carriers are doing and start paving the way.

Phones are not the differentiator for providers any longer. The come out too quickly and are constantly changing to make one provider the best device carrier.

Network coverage is also going to become a non-factor as other carriers expand their coverage both in voice and more importantly in data.

If you do not differentiate yourself you will become a ho hum carrier. You will become part of the pack.

To differntiate you have to innovate. Any long term powerhouse company knows this and adhere's to this. The not only differntiate in service but also price.

Offer robust plans that cater to the family and/or cater to the individual.

Don't just deliver software updates but deliver them early! If you are the biggest and best network you need to prove it. Not with just the release of a phone but with your day to day operations. There are thousands of people that work hard in your company to deliver a service to us the customers. Their efforts are thwarted by marketing and management by assuming you know what is best. Stop reacting to the competition but make your competition react to you.The face of your company is the service, not press releases, not nifty commercials and not the executives.

Your service is not cheap, and many families pay a premium to stay in touch with mobile devices. Plans cost as much as a car payment or school loan. If you do not do as written above you will still be in business. You will still make tons of money, but you will contribute and actually promote an attitude that allows people to leave when their contract is up. Worse off, you may allow your competitor to do what you don't and in the end you only have yourself to blame.

Rackness

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
While I agree with your pipe dream, be realistic that is what it is it will never happen. Unfortunately it takes competition to make a company change to attempt to win over customers and there is no competition. Why do you think every other provider is full of gimmicks and silly ad campains because they need to try and draw customers away from the larger providers. Until a company comes along that can truly compete Verizon will continue as all companies do and pull as much money as they can from their customer base while offering as little as possible to keep them from jumping ship. Sure it is a crappy way to be but they are in business to make money and that is it. They do not care about there customers in any greater capacity than is necessary to separate them from their money as are all companies. If they try to convince you otherwise I have some swamp property for sale if you would like it will make you popular with the ladies I swear.

Sent from my RAZR MAXX

Reactions: AZDROIDX

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I figured my comments were realistic. I never threatened to leave, I didn't jump on the "I will sue if you...." bandwagon.

I told them to differentiate themselves because the things they use now as their strengths won't be as the other providers expand and become stronger.

Everything I said I expect the higher educated execs at big red already understand. I figured I would post a challenge for them to work on creating separation now while they have the advantage.

Thanks for the response and I may buy that swamp land, throw some people on it for a reality show and make some money on it.

There's my glass is half full response.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
They are adding family share data packages in place of unlimited data this what customers want and they are providing it. They offer fastest most up to date data but to provide that upgrade network. It cost money and like all upgrades cost is pasted onto consumers

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Reactions: cordoni

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I figured my comments were realistic. I never threatened to leave, I didn't jump on the "I will sue if you...." bandwagon.

I told them to differentiate themselves because the things they use now as their strengths won't be as the other providers expand and become stronger.

Everything I said I expect the higher educated execs at big red already understand. I figured I would post a challenge for them to work on creating separation now while they have the advantage.

Thanks for the response and I may buy that swamp land, throw some people on it for a reality show and make some money on it.

There's my glass is half full response.

Well, when there is true competition for Verizon I guess we'll see what else they will do. Right now, they are projecting their LTE network to cover more customers than their 3G network by the end of 2013. Tell me which of their competitors (ATT, Sprint, T-Mo) is going to be able to match this. While Verizon's LTE has slowed down with more customers it is still much faster (with lower latency) than anybody's 3G (even Faux 4G HSPA+) and will finally get decent battery life with the new S4 family on 28 nm process with integrated LTE SOC. Right now (and for the for the past 8 years and the foreseeable future) Verizon is the only game in town for me - nobody has even remotely comparable coverage - I would love to pay less (or get more) with T-Mo or Sprint - not even a player and ATT is as expensive with much worse coverage (not even factoring in LTE) than Verizon - let me know when this changes.

Reactions: AZDROIDX

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Shared days for families. So what's up for single lines? O prefer to keep my unlimited. Thank you very much...
I am pleased tho....4g just came into Cave Creek....finally!

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Like a going single on cruise we charged more
Shared days for families. So what's up for single lines? O prefer to keep my unlimited. Thank you very much...

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Uh. I'd imagine the single line plans remain the same.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It's time you start to differentiate yourself.

It's time you started acting like the biggest and best provider.

It's time you stop following what the other carriers are doing and start paving the way.

Phones are not the differentiator for providers any longer. The come out too quickly and are constantly changing to make one provider the best device carrier.

Network coverage is also going to become a non-factor as other carriers expand their coverage both in voice and more importantly in data.

If you do not differentiate yourself you will become a ho hum carrier. You will become part of the pack.

To differntiate you have to innovate. Any long term powerhouse company knows this and adhere's to this. The not only differntiate in service but also price.

Offer robust plans that cater to the family and/or cater to the individual.

Don't just deliver software updates but deliver them early! If you are the biggest and best network you need to prove it. Not with just the release of a phone but with your day to day operations. There are thousands of people that work hard in your company to deliver a service to us the customers. Their efforts are thwarted by marketing and management by assuming you know what is best. Stop reacting to the competition but make your competition react to you.The face of your company is the service, not press releases, not nifty commercials and not the executives.

Your service is not cheap, and many families pay a premium to stay in touch with mobile devices. Plans cost as much as a car payment or school loan. If you do not do as written above you will still be in business. You will still make tons of money, but you will contribute and actually promote an attitude that allows people to leave when their contract is up. Worse off, you may allow your competitor to do what you don't and in the end you only have yourself to blame.

Honestly, I read all of this and all I heard was "make your plans cheaper".

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I read all of this and all I heard was "make your plans cheaper".

Thanks for the honesty. However I honestly never said to make them cheaper. I am fine with upgrade fees. I am even fine with having to pay full price for a phone to keep my unlimited data (If verizon does in fact let us do that). I have to pay more for those people that use their phones as their primary home internet and abuse the system. I understand Verizon's reasoning and honestly have no problems with it.

To some my post was a flame on big red or a complaint. I view it as a challenge.

I have no desire to leave big red. I have been happy with their service, their speed and device offerings. However the things that differentiate themselves from the competitors have geographic limitations and technology that is not proprietary to Verizon alone. Eventually through attrition those limitations will become a mute point.

Verizon makes a ton of money but their network to upgrade also costs a ton. As the consumer, I accept that the responsibility to drive those changes financially falls on my shoulders (along with all the other customers). Thus no complaints about the cost of my plans.

The things that are important to me is that my service works and that they support my phone with timley updates for 3 years after the phone has been introduced.

I want to see Big Red succeed not just on the business end but also on their deliverence of service. Now this is where I am going to make a point about cost that I did not make in my initial post. We have seen the upcoming demise of the unlimited data plan while having Verizon subsidize the cost of the phone(either increasing the cost for some users dramitcally or having them to have to manage their usage). We have seen upgrade fees implemented to help boost their support services. (Note: I do not include the family share plans because they actually benefit many families with multiple users so I do not find this a bad thing). So asking them to deliver in other area's that in most aspects do not cost them extra is not a bad thing.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
What incentive does vzw have to provide updates 3 years after phone been released? Also the update falls on phone manufacturer to keep providing those updates to the carrier.

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
What incentive does vzw have to provide updates 3 years after phone been released? Also the update falls on phone manufacturer to keep providing those updates to the carrier.

3 years is an arbitrary number I came up with figuring that a phone stops getting sold about a year after it's initial release. Maybe year and a half. That way it gives people who upgrade to it a little later time to get fully supported on it.

The update does fall on the manufacturer but is released by Verizon who also will hold it up. As a provider they have an impact on getting software releases out sooner or later.

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
The Android OEMs will never support a phone for three years. That's a really long time in the phone business.

Reactions: Ry

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Three years doesnt matter to me becuase I update my phone at the longest every two years. However I have read where people have devices for longer, so why not?

They are already getting us for a service fee of $30 use a portion of that per device for support.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the honesty. However I honestly never said to make them cheaper. I am fine with upgrade fees. I am even fine with having to pay full price for a phone to keep my unlimited data (If verizon does in fact let us do that). I have to pay more for those people that use their phones as their primary home internet and abuse the system. I understand Verizon's reasoning and honestly have no problems with it.

To some my post was a flame on big red or a complaint. I view it as a challenge.

I have no desire to leave big red. I have been happy with their service, their speed and device offerings. However the things that differentiate themselves from the competitors have geographic limitations and technology that is not proprietary to Verizon alone. Eventually through attrition those limitations will become a mute point.

Verizon makes a ton of money but their network to upgrade also costs a ton. As the consumer, I accept that the responsibility to drive those changes financially falls on my shoulders (along with all the other customers). Thus no complaints about the cost of my plans.

The things that are important to me is that my service works and that they support my phone with timley updates for 3 years after the phone has been introduced.

I want to see Big Red succeed not just on the business end but also on their deliverence of service. Now this is where I am going to make a point about cost that I did not make in my initial post. We have seen the upcoming demise of the unlimited data plan while having Verizon subsidize the cost of the phone(either increasing the cost for some users dramitcally or having them to have to manage their usage). We have seen upgrade fees implemented to help boost their support services. (Note: I do not include the family share plans because they actually benefit many families with multiple users so I do not find this a bad thing). So asking them to deliver in other area's that in most aspects do not cost them extra is not a bad thing.

Here's the thing. They are aggressive with launching 4G LTE in as many markets as possible. They got the Galaxy Nexus and RAZR as carrier exclusives. Launched the first Honeycomb cellular device. Launched the first Eclair cellular device. They have had the iPhone since the 4 and seem to be getting an u-altered (design-wise) GSIII.

They are getting ready to launch shared data plans that could potentially save money for a good number of subscribers.

Verizon is already succeeding as a business and is continuing to succeed.

And they already have the aura of being the best carrier, coverage-wise, in the US.

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Here's the thing. They are aggressive with launching 4G LTE in as many markets as possible. They got the Galaxy Nexus and RAZR as carrier exclusives. Launched the first Honeycomb cellular device. Launched the first Eclair cellular device. They have had the iPhone since the 4 and seem to be getting an u-altered (design-wise) GSIII.

They are getting ready to launch shared data plans that could potentially save money for a good number of subscribers.

Verizon is already succeeding as a business and is continuing to succeed.

And they already have the aura of being the best carrier, coverage-wise, in the US.

All good points. Devices though are not a stand alone point of saying how great Verizon is. It was a while before they had the iPhone and after Verizon has their devices someone else will get one better.

For their network they will be the biggest but for how long. Eventually they will run out of real estate and the other carriers will have a chance to catch up.

Now its possible that big red is working towards eliminating their cell service through cdma and being a VoIP carrier. Especially since they are "technically" not even true 4g which is innovative.

kulkaholic

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Well when I posted this I was hoping that it would be time for them to be the innovator, not the crapinator.

So Ry how do you feel now about them saving people a lot of money on their tiered data?

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Well when I posted this I was hoping that it would be time for them to be the innovator, not the crapinator.

So Ry how do you feel now about them saving people a lot of money on their tiered data?

I read your post and did not see it as a b itchfest. I agree with much of what you stated.

I think the tiered data plans are going to come back to haunt those who currently support this policy.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid