Verizon LG G2 & MetroPCS

RekabSirhc

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone!
I have been asking around and Googling for days trying to figure out the proper way to use the Verizon LG G2 with MetroPCS. Some say to jailbreak, others say to flash... Ive even been told to just root it which doesnt even sound right.

Would anyone know the proper way to set up this amazing phone on MetroPCS?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Jailbreak is "iPhone-ese" for root. Same thing - gain superuser status. Just FYI. I don't know how to do what you want, but people on XDA might. Since MetroPCS uses TMobile towers, it might be as simple as putting in a MetroPCS SIM and registering the phone online. (If the G2 is SIM-locked, you'll have to get the unlock code from Verizon [which you can usually get only if the phone is fully paid for and is still on an active Verizon account] or buy the code on ebay.)

4ringsa6

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
No need for root. Just go to setting and turn phone to GSM and utms and you should get GSM signal. BTW I work for metro and your phone won't get signal until you give the imei to metro and have them change it in their database.

Posted via the Android Central App

RekabSirhc

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately, I didn't see this post and asked someone to root it. Now, I have a bricked G2 and it seems like nobody is able to un-brick it. This isnt good!

Nestor Noria

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
hi , i have an LG G2 was a Verizon phone , now i activate n Metro , work ok , i put n GSM but i can send pics on my texts , i call metro a lot of times they do a reset but never work any tips , thankyou

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I just got a Verizon LG G2 from Best Buy. I was told that it would work on Metro PCS. So I took it to Metro and everything works except. I cant send SMS, but I am able to receive them. I have 4G Data, so Internet works.

Can someone please help me, thanks!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon