Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Awesome deal for the TYLT Vu Qi Wireless charger

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Awesome deal for the TYLT Vu Qi Wireless charger

^^ Yup, that looks like the same mass email that I referred to before. I wonder why some people in our situation didn't get sent this at all or not until we contacted them first. With such a huge delay affecting so many orders, they need to let all potential customers involved know about it ASAP.

macawmatt

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Update: In response to the aforementioned mass email, I replied asking if my order made the 'cut' for the current batch of deliveries (going out this week or next), or if it will be part of the post-12/25 batch. I got a response saying that unfortunately, I'm in the latter group.
So for those of us who didn't get an email, are we getting ours before Christmas? Is my order in some limbo thus why I didn't get the email? Almost be nice if they would put a note on their website, or stated when the cutoff times were for each color in the email. I know no one here knows the answers but information is golden.

Biggest thing for me that kills it for me on being a return customer is communication from a company. I almost didn't order two chargers because of last years fiasco, swore them off, but the offer was really too good to pass up.

FWIW, we ordered a red and green Vu at 7:27CST on the 27th.

sftl97

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

I'd like to know why they didn't just issue a coupon code that could have been used at any authorized dealer. They could have placed the same 2 day limit, after which they cancel the code.

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site

^^ Sounds good to me, though I assume that Tylt has more to gain by having folks order directly from them.

So for those of us who didn't get an email, are we getting ours before Christmas? Is my order in some limbo thus why I didn't get the email? Almost be nice if they would put a note on their website, or stated when the cutoff times were for each color in the email. I know no one here knows the answers but information is golden.

No idea; your order was less than 2 hrs before mine, but who knows. You can try emailing them. Some have reported not receiving the mass email or no reply to queries from last week, but I was fortunate to get my answer this morning.

And I agree, some sort of heads-up on their website would've made all the sense in the world. As it is, we had no idea what we were getting into (especially those of us who hadn't realized that they had similar Vu order issues last yr).

macawmatt

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Anyone get any updates yet? Getting on to the middle of the week and would think that somebody might of gotten tracking info from them or something.

macawmatt

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Checking their site last night I have a tracking number now. Only shows as the label being created but at least its something,

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site

^^ Congrats, you are a chosen one! ;) I didn't make the cut for the first batch but I can't have missed it by much since I ordered within those first 2 days of the promotion. Yeah, not much word from others, I think most of us are going to be waiting. If the Vu didn't have such a good rep, I'd have cancelled. Now I'm just hoping to get them before New Year's...

sftl97

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

Every time I check the website for a tracking number all I get is the message "no records returned".

macawmatt

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

I had been checking once a day, still do not get any hits when checking my order or invoice history though.

As a note, I never did get the email talking about there being a delay in getting order shipped out.

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site

^^ Weird how there didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to who got sent that mass email. Some people who have been delayed said they never received it, as well as some people who are having it shipped out this week or next.

I gave them some feedback about having better communication with customers if this arises again, but I didn't go to the 'have more in stock and/or quicker restocks' place, I felt kinda bad!

macawmatt

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

I'm just looking at having a tracking number as another confirmation that my order is actually being processed and not lost somewhere.

Be interesting to know what their average order per week is vs what they roughly did for those two or three days. Just hope they are not getting too drenched right now.

sftl97

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

I sent them another email asking about the msg 'no records returned' and received the following:
"It’s ok, The order wont show up until it’s fully processed and is ready to ship out. Since we have it holding due to the fact that its on back order, you wont be able to see any status. Sorry for the inconvenience."
Doesn't really say much. In the same email I asked for some clarification on their statement of ' running out of inventory in 2 days' since the special supposedly started on 11/28 same day as my order. They just ignored that part.

macawmatt

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

I think they started the sale a little early for whatever reason. My order was placed on the 27th.

Posted via the Android Central App on a Nexus 10 running Lollipop

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site

^^ Yeah, that's what gets me. Their website said the promo was starting on 11/28, though a rep told me later that it actually started on 11/26. I don't remember seeing anywhere that people were getting in promo orders on 11/26.

I ordered on 11/27 as soon as the word spread that the promo was live, but my order didn't get in 'on time' for their initial stock. C'est la vie.

macawmatt

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

I didn't know about the promo until I was checking this site or another Droid-? site and saw their what's on sale this weekend post. Glad I did.

macawmatt

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

So the postman just came. Can confirm that the red chargers must of sold out really quick and that no one like the "green" color.

Also know why they cost $70 now, its the packaging.

macawmatt

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Checked TYLT this morning, they created a label for my second charger last night. Won't be here for Christmas but the end of the Year is looking promising.

Posted via the Android Central App on a Nexus 10 running Lollipop

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Anyone that has received theirs know what day/time they ordered? I ordered mine 11/27 @ 8:47pm and I don't show a thing yet.