Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Qi charging stand

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon Qi charging stand

I've been using Dock Clock for some time now - I used BlackBerry for many years and really liked their "Bedside" mode and this is about the closest thing I have found to it. I still use the free version but not sure what the paid version ads to the app.

spunkmeijer

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I love this charger because of how it sits the phone up. It works on the Droid Turbo in portrait and landscape (nice for charging while video viewing). It charges kind of slow (like charging with your usb on computer), so I use it as my overnight charger and keep the turbo charger at work (that I had yet to really use).

Flexia

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
How long does this Verizon qi stand really take to charge? I just picked it up and last night my phone only picked up 52% charge in 6 hours. That doesn't right at all

ralpheburns

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I have a different one, the Tmvel T3 Qi charging stand but found that it didn't charge well with a plain-jane power supply, but works well when powered by the OEM Turbo charger. The Tmvel stand is powered via a micro USB.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine is slower than the plug-in turbo charger, but not nearly that slow. A few days ago mine charged from about 30% to full in a couple of hours.

Mishael Vasas

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Got the Qi charger with my Droid. Honestly, the Turbo charge is only from the regular wall charger. Why waste $60 on a slow charging stand? Save your money.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Got the Qi charger with my Droid. Honestly, the Turbo charge is only from the regular wall charger. Why waste $60 on a slow charging stand? Save your money.
I think a lot of people, myself included, put the phone on the charger at night when you don't necessarily need a fast charge. It's very easy for me just to reach over for my bed and pick up my phone to check it.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
How long does this Verizon qi stand really take to charge? I just picked it up and last night my phone only picked up 52% charge in 6 hours. That doesn't right at all
I agree. That doesn't sound right. Mine certainly doesn't charge as fast as with the wall charger but I'm pretty sure would be fully charged in 6 hours

Raelx

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I can see the stand if you want to set it up at your desk and see notifications but with the battery life on this phone there is no need to charge during the day that i see. My only charging is at night and while navigating in the car. I had a PowerBot which was great except for having to align the phone with it. So i designed this 3D printed cradle so you can just drop the phone it, problem solved.
DSC03639.JPG
DSC03651.JPG
Motorola Droid Turbo - Wireless Qi Charge Cradle by raelx on Shapeways

Last edited:

mimsiesboy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I can see the stand if you want to set it up at your desk and see notifications but with the battery life on this phone there is no need to charge during the day that i see. My only charging is at night and while navigating in the car. I had a PowerBot which was great except for having to align the phone with it. So i designed this 3D printed cradle so you can just drop the phone it, problem solved.
View attachment 163194
View attachment 163195
Motorola Droid Turbo - Wireless Qi Charge Cradle by raelx on Shapeways

Very nice. I myself use a atian 6. $25,00 on Amazon I think. Works great on my turbo and nexus 7.

Posted via the Android Central App

Weedydragon

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
Is the red led light supposed to turn off after the phone is fully charged? Mine stays on and I was wondering if the phone will be overcharged.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
It turns off after it is fully charged on mine. Just wait a while though after your Turbo shows 100%. Mine still charges for about 5 to 10 more minutes, then the light shuts off.

leehardballer12

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: Verizon Qi charging stand

Great looking charger; maybe the best looking one out there. $60 is too much IMO, and the angle is too flat for me also. I'll eventually get one for the office since I learned that the phone can't quite make it a full day when used as a wireless hot spot (no real surprise, but would have been nice). My criteria is a more vertical angle, landscape and portrait friendly, and sub-$40.00

I mostly use my Tylt charger to watch video with the brightness turned up so I can actually enjoy the screen, as opposed to having it dimmed way down so it lasts all day. The angle works quite well for that, and it works in landscape as well.

I got mine for just under $40 on some promotional deal. I agree that $60 is a little much. I don't think I would have ever paid $60 for it, but it does work extremely well for what I use it for.

Posted via the Android Central App

akire25

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Hello! I just purchased a Droid Turbo 2 and this wireless charger this past Saturday. I have the Incipio case on my phone. I can't seem to get the charger to work. Is there a trick? Is there a setting on the phone? I would love some assistance. Thank you!

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello! I just purchased a Droid Turbo 2 and this wireless charger this past Saturday. I have the Incipio case on my phone. I can't seem to get the charger to work. Is there a trick? Is there a setting on the phone? I would love some assistance. Thank you!

It's possible your Incipio case is interfering with the charging process. Remove your case and place your phone on the charger and see if it works with the case removed.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe