Verizon Motorola DROID Turbo Trade in "Any" smartphone for Turbo?

fonger13

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone able to get the promocode "MotoTurboSmart100" to work? I just tried on https://www.trade-in.vzw.com/ and it got this error:
The Promotion code entered is invalid. Please confirm that an eligible device has been selected, the code is typed correctly (case sensitive) and that the promotion is still active

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
You got special treatment BC I talked to a manager and all Turbo Trade in value is after purchase, via the website, and in the form of a VZW gift card (4-6 weeks delivery)

Sent Turbo fast from my 64GB Droid Turbo
That's what I expected, but guess what? I was given the option of getting the credit immediately on my phone purchase. I paid approximately $167 total for the $250 64GB BN Turbo.

EngineerGuy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I traded my OG EVO with 2.2 on it for the instant $100 credit. I tried a local "authorized retailer" but they didn't have any phones at 9am, nor were they sure if they were permitted to do the trade in offer. Said the heck with it and drove an hour to a corporate store and picked up a ballistic nylon model with 64GB. In and out in no time.

Rogus

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Traded in my prehistoric Treo 700p for the $100 credit which was a gift card, but could be used immediately at the store towards a case and the rest towards my monthly bill.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I traded my OG EVO with 2.2 on it for the instant $100 credit. I tried a local "authorized retailer" but they didn't have any phones at 9am, nor were they sure if they were permitted to do the trade in offer. Said the heck with it and drove an hour to a corporate store and picked up a ballistic nylon model with 64GB. In and out in no time.

I always prefer the corporate store over an authorized retailer.

hajabooja

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I went in to exchange my Moto X (from Moto Maker, no less) for the Droid Turbo. I was able to exchange without a problem and bring in my old Galaxy Nexus for the $100 gift card. No questions asked what-so-ever.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
They caught me off guard. I was planning to pay full retail, but they told me that I can early Edge. Note: I previously had purchased my Droid Maxx outright. So I figured paying the tax and going edge was better than $600+tax, but I had to surrender my Droid Maxx. I guess, I could have went back home, grabbed my galaxy nexus, activated that, and turned that in, but I was so happy to get my hands on the turbo and not have to pay that $600+ that I didn't care anymore.

Zachtheowl

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I was able to keep my 3 year old double data plan, had the upgrade fee waived, and received $100 trade-in value for my 3 year old Droid Razr Maxx (original)

But--DON"T BUY THE COMMUTER CASE FROM OTTERBOX--the plastic shell is designed in such a fashion that it prevents the usb cord from seating completely. So I guess do buy it if you enjoy removing your case to plug in your phone. I'll be taking mine back :)

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
They caught me off guard. I was planning to pay full retail, but they told me that I can early Edge. Note: I previously had purchased my Droid Maxx outright. So I figured paying the tax and going edge was better than $600+tax, but I had to surrender my Droid Maxx. I guess, I could have went back home, grabbed my galaxy nexus, activated that, and turned that in, but I was so happy to get my hands on the turbo and not have to pay that $600+ that I didn't care anymore.

This does not work anymore. I use to tell my customers that there's a loophole where you can keep the device you are using and activate an old phone, Then do the early Edge. This does NOT work anymore and in fact if this is done, Early Edge goes away and theres no way to bring it back.. Good thing you didnt do that

galpdawg

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
just went to buy the red turbo but the manager in the North Brunswick, NJ store was giving me a hard time about my trade in because my spare htc rezound had a scratch on the screen, not a crack but a scratch. She said she would give me 100 towards accesories but if they sent the phone in to vzw I may still get charged 100 on my account. She made no sense offereing me 100 towards accesories but not the phone. I also heard her talking to the sales rep because they noticed i was doing an alternate upgrade from my unlimited line to a diff smart phone line so I wouldnt lose my data. is a scratch a make or break it for the $100 Joetheinsider

ajc312

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
This does not work anymore. I use to tell my customers that there's a loophole where you can keep the device you are using and activate an old phone, Then do the early Edge. This does NOT work anymore and in fact if this is done, Early Edge goes away and theres no way to bring it back.. Good thing you didnt do that

Thanks for clarifying that! Was considering doing exactly that.

Joe, can you confirm that the phone I trade in for Early Edge won't qualify me for the $100 trade-in (I will need to trade in a second smartphone to get the credit)?

zett40

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Re: Trade in "Any" smartphone for Turbo?

I was up for a new contract, I handed in my working Galaxy Nexus and they gave me 100 off phone and also waived activation fees, total out of pocket for new phone a little over 100.

VooDooCC

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
They gave me 200 for my old Droid X that I had laying around payed 50 bucks for a 64GB Droid Turbo Score!!! Now I just need to sale the G3. And yes in store they took it off the sale price.

They gave you $200 for an ancient droid x? I may pick one up for cheap to trade that in, since I think I'd only get $100 for my g'nex

Posted via the Android Central App

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I asked this in two other threads but didn't get a response, so I'll try it here.

I ordered a 64GB Turbo online and paid full retail for it. Two questions. First, does the $100 trade in code go out with every phone, or did I need to do something when I was ordering it to get it? Second, since I paid full retail for the phone to keep my UDP and current discounts, am I still eligible for the trade-in discount? The press release mentions that you can get the discount with a new two year agreement, but doesn't say if you can get it paying full retail.

Any help is appreciated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roilaa