Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo VoLTE or Simultaneous Voice and Data

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: VZW Cutting It Close With Promised VOLTE

Maybe, but I just don't see them activating the Advanced Calling 1.0 option in My Verizon if they weren't ready to roll out VoLTE shortly.

I've also been of the mind that they would roll out VoLTE and Lollipop for the Turbo at the same time. That's mainly based on the supposed timing of each update. If you can, why do two rollouts if you can do one? Not even an educated guess, just a guess.

Either way, I would bet VoLTE is imminent.

I agree. From a business standpoint, why not kill two birds with one stone.

I hope y'all get it with Lollipop. Us Moto X 2014 users got Lollipop without the VoLTE update... :(

Yes, the Moto X got it without VoLTE. I'm guessing that Verizon signed off on the Lollipop software, but VoLTE wasn't ready yet, so instead of delaying one until the other was ready, they went ahead and released Lollipop.

Moto's reputation is on the line as well. If they give Verizon the update and big red decides to hold it until their own separate update (VoLTE) is ready, then Moto is seen in the public eye as failing to quickly update their phones as promised.

I feel that the Droid line uses the Moto X as a guinea pig almost, because the two phones are so similar that if something isn't right with the Moto X update, and word is a fix is in the making, they will wait until that fix comes and skip a version entirely. The Droid Maxx did this with one of the Kit Kat updates. I forget which number, but they skipped one, and actually had the latest update before the Vzw Moto X did.

Maybe the Droid Turbo Lollipop update made it to Verizon so close to the rollout of VoLTE that it wouldn't be a burden to wait and release both, whereas it would have with the Moto X.

I'm just spitballing here. There are many scenarios and theories explaining the update process. I do it to explain the unexplained which eases my concerns.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

Seems like a lot of premature heartache and misery from baseless speculation.

Junkbox9

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Huge gap in VoLTE functionality, or am I missing something? Want a turbo but....

I was trying to figure out which post to reply to. One solution I will have is to use the Magic Jack App on the phone, forwarding calls from my cell to Magic Jack, whereas it will still ring on my phone via VoIP, or some could call it VoLTE, in a sense.

Either way, you can get a Magic Jack pretty cheap, along with 6 or 12 months of service included. The app actually works really well, plus you get a nice land-line phone you can use with 911 support.

Normally I wouldn't plug another service/product, but I think it fits well here with the issues going on. And for current $50, you get the device and 12 months of service. It's another $10 for the Android app subscription, but well worth it. I used the Google Voice thing, and that just doesn't quite cut it for quality, at least not at the time. So, for quality at a decent price, Magic Jack might be a good option here.

For me, I like this option because I might be using my HotSpot for work (when/if my ISP) were to go down in the middle of a shift as I do work from home on occasion. Once forwarding the cell number to your MJ number, you don't have to worry about dropping the data connection. And... You can also call out from teh MJ App, so again, not cutting off your data connection.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

Now with the soak going out I sorta think VOLTE will be included as well or if not, quickly afterwards.

Masheen

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
HD Voice and Conflicting Verizon Services

After going through the steps to add HD calling to my line, I noticed that some features will not be compatible. Caller ID and Ringback Tones seem to conflict with VoLTE. Does this mean that the features are disabled entirely? Or that they just won't work with VoLTE calls. I just renewed my ringback tone today too.

HD_Call_Feature.jpg

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: HD Voice and Conflicting Verizon Services

After going through the steps to add HD calling to my line, I noticed that some features will not be compatible. Caller ID and Ringback Tones seem to conflict with VoLTE. Does this mean that the features are disabled entirely? Or that they just won't work with VoLTE calls. I just renewed my ringback tone today too.

View attachment 153411

it removes the feature, so no more ringback tones

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site

Awesome news! I was starting to let go of all expectations because they had been built up by a Motorola rep telling me that Lollipop was coming Dec 16-17 (posted on another thread). Earlier today, those dates were looking dicey, not to mention that another Motorola rep and a VZW rep both told me later on that nothing was set and weren't sure if any updates were coming this month. Now we get this development so I'll just look at myself as a reverse jinx! :p

ajb721

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo No voice and data at the same time?

I know everyone is saying the Droid turbo will have Advanced calling by the end of the year, but that's in 21 days. Verizon better fix this, or I'm taking the best (promised) phone they ever had back.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo VoLTE or Simultaneous Voice and Data Has Arrived!

VoLTE or Simultaneous Voice and Data Has Arrived! At least I think it has.

Advanced Calling 1.0 - Verizon Wireless - Verizon Wireless

You can activate it with your phone by opening the My Verizon Mobile App (I know, I know...), then:

1. Change Features
2. Log in
3. Select phone number/device
4. Select Advanced Calling 1.0
5. Select HD Voice
6. Select when you want this feature to be activated.
7. Be sure to click on Review to make sure the changes went through.

(You're welcome.)

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: VoLTE or Simultaneous Voice and Data Has Arrived!

VZW has added the option, which is step1. Step2 is the required software update to the Turbo which is to be delivered yet(hopefully soon). without both, you wont get Volte.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

VZW has added the option, which is step1. Step2 is the required software update to the Turbo which is to be delivered yet(hopefully soon). without both, you wont get Volte.

Yes, I just read this and was returning to make an edit to my OP. Thanks for the info.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

VoLTE or Simultaneous Voice and Data Has Arrived! At least I think it has.

Advanced Calling 1.0 - Verizon Wireless - Verizon Wireless

You can activate it with your phone by opening the My Verizon Mobile App (I know, I know...), then:

1. Change Features
2. Log in
3. Select phone number/device
4. Select Advanced Calling 1.0
5. Select HD Voice
6. Select when you want this feature to be activated.
7. Be sure to click on Review to make sure the changes went through.

(You're welcome.)

You also have to restart the phone to see that the feature has been added to your account. When it was added to last year's Droids last month, it sometimes took a day for the feature to be recognized by the phone.

Are you 100% sure about that? It's possible that the phone always supported the feature but Verizon wasn't ready to make it available to the phone yet. (I don't know that for sure...)

See Verizon pushes an update to Droid Turbo to version 21.21.15 | AndroMods though - I think that the original OTA already delivered the update that was needed. Maybe Verizon just wasn't ready internally to support the phone yet?

So, it'll be interesting to see if anybody can get the feature working prior to another OTA, either today or tomorrow. (And, again, you probably have to restart the phone after adding the feature, probably a few hours after you add it.)

ajb721

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo No voice and data at the same time?

Thanks for the link! I added it to my account. can't wait to test it out.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Are you 100% sure about that? It's possible that the phone always supported the feature but Verizon wasn't ready to make it available to the phone yet. (I don't know that for sure...)

See Verizon pushes an update to Droid Turbo to version 21.21.15 | AndroMods though - I think that the original OTA already delivered the update that was needed. Maybe Verizon just wasn't ready internally to support the phone yet?

So, it'll be interesting to see if anybody can get the feature working prior to another OTA, either today or tomorrow. (And, again, you probably have to restart the phone after adding the feature, probably a few hours after you add it.)

Yes. The phone needs an update for it to work -- Verizon said they would do it by years end.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

There was a story last night on Droid Life about a soak test for the Turbo. Speculation is that it's either Advanced Calling, Lollipop, or both.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

There was a story last night on Droid Life about a soak test for the Turbo. Speculation is that it's either Advanced Calling, Lollipop, or both.
This soak is from Motorola & IMO, it's pretty doubtful it would be for VOLTE alone. I've no doubt it's 5.0 either with or without VOLTE included. I've not seen a soak test for other than an OS upgrade.

mvp4him3

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

This soak is from Motorola & IMO, it's pretty doubtful it would be for VOLTE alone. I've no doubt it's 5.0 either with or without VOLTE included. I've not seen a soak test for other than an OS upgrade.

Yep this is very true. I have done numerous soak tests and they have always been os updates not just feature updates. I think it will be with volte.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia