Verizon S5 SM-G900V: How To Install Custom ROMs?

JohnnyGalaga

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
Is there a clear, step by step list of how to install custom ROMs that actually works and makes sense? This is on a rooted Verizon S5 SM-G900V with Android 4.4.2 (which was downgraded from 5.0). I would like to install either CyanogenMod or Alliance but can't seem to find anything that clearly explains how to do it.

Thanks.

JohnnyGalaga

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
When I went to try to install it, it said CyanogenMod wasn't compatible with my device. Then it gave me the option to install it anyways, with a warning that it could cause problems. So I didn't install it. I don't understand how people with Verizon S5s are using it if the website says it's not compatible.

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Do you have a custom recovery? If so then I know another way to get CyanogenMod

Sent from my a guy that love CyanogenMod using Tapatalk

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
OK forget about everything I said. Read this below

uploadfromtaptalk1428319269905.jpg

So far it is impossible to unlock the Verizon Galaxy S5 bootloader

Sent from my a guy that love CyanogenMod using Tapatalk

daworld88

May 6, 2013
Visit site
There are a lot of good "How to guides" out there to get root.

Check out XDA for some good support for this.

If you stay with 4.4.4 kitkat, you can use some pretty nice ROMs. I liked Alliance. But then I went ahead and updated to Lollipop. I like the interface better. No real custom ROMs yet, but I'm sure they will be here soon. Also if you use the optional tether update, you can hotspot without it checking if you have that service.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The only problem with Lollipop on a Samsung (other than the obvious and plentiful problems with Lollipop itself), is all that white. Amoled screens eat a LOT more battery when displaying white than when displaying black.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sirius_A