Verizon S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Discussion

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Its on the truck.. I left a signature release on my door, but I forgot about leaving the tracking. Hopefully they deliver and I'm rushing home for lunch if not I hope it's after 230.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
So I ordered from BestBuy and will pick it up in a bit. I was wonder if anyone knew how I could do the S7Edge trade in for the discount. How would I do that after the fact? If I try and trade it in on the Verizon website, it only offers like $210 but they have a promotion that gives more.

ANyone have an idea?

jaynyone

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
Well, UPS wouldn't accept my authorization form. Just got notification that they attempted at 1:01pm and will try again. I assume that means tomorrow. Damnit.

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
Got my phone today. 😭😭 Its so beautiful. Has anyone registered for the free vr yet? I did it on the app and am wondering how long until they've confirmed that I've pre ordered.

I registered and got my confirmation email last night and the second email telling me I can go ahead and purchase it early this morning. Mine is ordered, I'm just waiting for it to ship. Muahahaha!

crossp

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
Looks like verizon screwed me over, and I won't be getting my device today as promised. They decided to send my silver S8 to my billing address, not the address I specified. UPS tracking didn't give me any info until 11pm last night, and I called them when I saw. They couldn't reroute it and I couldn't get a verizon rep on the phone. Had to wait until 7 this morning to get a VZW rep on the phone after being on hold for 40 minutes. They said they were able to reroute it, but it looks like it was already on the truck for delivery.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So I ordered from BestBuy and will pick it up in a bit. I was wonder if anyone knew how I could do the S7Edge trade in for the discount. How would I do that after the fact? If I try and trade it in on the Verizon website, it only offers like $210 but they have a promotion that gives more.

ANyone have an idea?

Why I ordered direct from Verizon. I ordered the S8+ on 4/19 and it's on the Fedex truck for delivery today. Edge is already paid off by Verizon and no phone payment for this coming month. For your issue, I would call Verizon and ask for a return box and credit. Otherwise I think you'll have to sell it.

Cnicks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I left a signature release form on the door and it worked. I also added it in the noted on delivery manager.. my love is on the table waiting for me to come home.

Kalkarni00

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Okay people...is anybody using glass protector for their phones? I know the difficulty in finding one and attaching but I am sure there is something out there for the curves

sungjun0110

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Why I ordered direct from Verizon. I ordered the S8+ on 4/19 and it's on the Fedex truck for delivery today. Edge is already paid off by Verizon and no phone payment for this coming month. For your issue, I would call Verizon and ask for a return box and credit. Otherwise I think you'll have to sell it.

you ordered on 4/19??? and already out for delivery?
what color did you order?
i ordered on 4/16, and the order is still processing. wtf..
everytime i called verizon, they just answered your order is clear will be updated soon...
never gave me a real reaon.

ac2basis

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
I just received my pre order from Verizon. Has anyone else had an issue signing into your Google account? It tries to send a text verification but it never comes through

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
you ordered on 4/19??? and already out for delivery?
what color did you order?
i ordered on 4/16, and the order is still processing. wtf..
everytime i called verizon, they just answered your order is clear will be updated soon...
never gave me a real reaon.

I have my phone in hand, on the charger now, it was overnighted from Memphis. It's black. Verizon's site sucks for information. I have both Fedex and UPS accounts and go by their status more so than Verizon's. But, have to say, this time Verizon was right on with status. First time I've gotten a phone call with status from Fedex.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Okay people...is anybody using glass protector for their phones? I know the difficulty in finding one and attaching but I am sure there is something out there for the curves

AFAIK nobody came up with one that actually worked for the S7Edge. I would imagine the infinity screen would be worse to make one for.