Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note7 Ordering & Shipping Information

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
My tracking updated today! This wasnt there yesterday!
Now that you're all excited let me put a negative spin on that...did your's say it would say scheduled delivery by 4:30pm previously? Look now: it now says by 8:00pm.
Damn FedEx if they'd shipped the devices to the closest locations and held them there people would have a shorter/earlier delivery window, and delays (weather, transportation problems, etc) would have been reduced.

It only requires an indirect signature, meaning all you have to do is write a note with directions and sign it for the fed ex man.
You can also now electronically sign for your package if you have a FedEx account.

True, but who really wants to leave a $900 device sitting on their doorstep. Not me, and I live in an excellent area.
Yep, but each person is free to make their gamble about if they want to take that chance. Luckily I have Friday off (didn't request that it just turned out that way), so I'm going to stake myself out at a window looking on to the front patio during the delivery window.

PorkPistol

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Now that you're all excited let me put a negative spin on that...did yours say it would say scheduled delivery by 4:30pm previously? Look now: it now says by 8:00pm.
Damn FedEx if they'd shipped the devices to the closest locations and held them there people would have a shorter/earlier delivery window, and delays (weather, transportation problems, etc) would have been reduced.

You can also now electronically sign for your package if you have a FedEx account.

Yep, but each person is free to make their gamble about if they want to take that chance. Luckily I have Friday off (didn't request that it just turned out that way), so I'm going to stake myself out at a window looking on to the front patio during the delivery window.

I get that. Which is why I ended my post with "not me".

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Now that you're all excited let me put a negative spin on that...did your's say it would say scheduled delivery by 4:30pm previously? Look now: it now says by 8:00pm.

I was told by FEDEX you CAN NOT electronically sign or pre-sign for this delivery. Has to be live person. You also can not pick up at the depot until at least one direct delivery attempt has been made. Whether they'll accept a 'doortag' that you've signed remains unclear, but I rather doubt it.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I was told by FEDEX you CAN NOT electronically sign or pre-sign for this delivery. Has to be live person. You also can not pick up at the depot until at least one direct delivery attempt has been made. Whether they'll accept a 'doortag' that you've signed remains unclear, but I rather doubt it.

Same with the Note 4. If you used the FedEx delivery authorization template, you were good I think. Worked for me at least.

PorkPistol

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I chose 2 day shipping cause I didn't see a point in paying 20 bucks for 1 day possibly early when they should have no problem getting it from Memphis to Madison to me in a day they've done it before. Lol

I payed $12.99 for overnight not $20.00. Either way I doubt at this point you get it before then but I guess it's possible.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
So my Fedex tracking updated now says
8/17/2016 - Wednesday
2:33 am Shipment information sent to FedEx
1:33 am At local FedEx facility LINWOOD, PA

They bumped my delivery time from Friday 4:30 p.m. to now Friday at 8 p.m.

gorgalis

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So my Fedex tracking updated now says
8/17/2016 - Wednesday
2:33 amShipment information sent to FedEx
1:33 amAt local FedEx facilityLINWOOD, PA

They bumped my delivery time from Friday 4:30 p.m. to now Friday at 8 p.m.
The delivery time doesn't matter. It's the same truck making the same route every day. If they usually drive past your house around noon then that is when you will get it.

PorkPistol

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The delivery time doesn't matter. It's the same truck making the same route every day. If they usually drive past your house around noon then that is when you will get it.

This is true. That is why I'm not worried about it. FedEx is historically at my house mid morning. Probably between 9-12.