Verizon SIII JB Upgrade to 4.1.2

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Accepting an OTA while on a custom ROM is almost always a bad idea. Usually they do break root and sometimes relock the bootloader, but it assumes you're on stock when updating.

Mungus8888

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth is improved. Say it isn't so, but has my signal improved? Holding a decent 4g signal where i haven't been able to before.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

work4crown

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I noticed something extremely irritating about this latest update; Group Play seems to be broken already!

It worked great for a few minutes and then demanded to be updated. I followed the link to the Google Play store. I was greeted by an incompatible phone error message! So it demands to be updated but won't let me update!

If you don't update the app it kicks you back to the app drawer. If you try to update the app you get an incompatible phone error; catch 22.

Samsung.... Sigh... What are you doing?

Add to this the debacle we had last time with this same app being kicked out of the allshare cast app but not added to the app drawer like it was supposed to be.

I tried turning off the automatic update in Google Play, clearing Group Play data and cache on my phone and turning off Group Play notification. This would allow Group Play to work until it realized there was an update and started the whole process over again.

I like the Group Play feature when it works but it seems Samsung or Verizon is determined to keep it broken.

Anyone know how to get it running?

Update: Samsung updated the app in the play store. I was able to get my phone updated. I had to restart the phone so it would detect new group play sessions. I am actually impressed how fast this was fixed. Everything seems to work as it should and I'm happy.

Last edited:

Eion

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Something else I noticed which I'm enjoying. When typing a text message as the message got longer you use to have to touch inside the box and scroll up to see what you typed. Now it just adjusts the text box to become larger so you see the entire message you are about to send.

Mungus8888

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Something else I noticed which I'm enjoying. When typing a text message as the message got longer you use to have to touch inside the box and scroll up to see what you typed. Now it just adjusts the text box to become larger so you see the entire message you are about to send.

Good find.. Just sent my wife this SwiftKey text to test it.. Did och Lucy och bunch jackfruit bunch Novum LG by vic check g Chang guv Chang th NJ BBC guv check vhf hog Chang Inc cm nix check icicles divining vhf fob vi gig check big du vi hung toxic ti bunny buckhead bi nongovernmental vi bing go neck

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I noticed something extremely irritating about this latest update; Group Play seems to be broken already!

It worked great for a few minutes and then demanded to be updated. I followed the link to the Google Play store. I was greeted by an incompatible phone error message! So it demands to be updated but won't let me update!

If you don't update the app it kicks you back to the app drawer. If you try to update the app you get an incompatible phone error; catch 22.

Samsung.... Sigh... What are you doing?

Add to this the debacle we had last time with this same app being kicked out of the allshare cast app but not added to the app drawer like it was supposed to be.

I tried turning off the automatic update in Google Play, clearing Group Play data and cache on my phone and turning off Group Play notification. This would allow Group Play to work until it realized there was an update and started the whole process over again.

I like the Group Play feature when it works but it seems Samsung or Verizon is determined to keep it broken.

Anyone know how to get it running?
I've never heard of this program but when I looked on the Play store it said it was incompatible with all my devices which include the Verizon S3, Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Nexus 7 so whatever it is it doesn't seem to be compatible with very much...

shoman24v

May 15, 2010
Visit site
The Samsung keyboard is broken. Type something like 'This is reallly ', make sure you space after the incorrect word. Backspace and choose the right word, it puts 'This isreallyreally'.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
The Samsung keyboard is broken. Type something like 'This is reallly ', make sure you space after the incorrect word. Backspace and choose the right word, it puts 'This isreallyreally'.
All the more reason to use something like Swiftkey.

cjsmoove

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
They changed the camera Icon and you can now hold the shot button and take up to 20 burst shots. They also added Best Face as an option.

shoman24v

May 15, 2010
Visit site
While I do use a third party keyboard, I believe that the factory one should still be acceptable to use. Wish they never took out the vanilla one.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone seeing any difference in battery life?

Mine doesn't seem as good, but not sure why yet. OS and Maps have been leading the pack so far. I don't use any of the social apps, no G+ or Now, so not sure why Maps is running that much. A reboot today made it better, but now the OS is leading.

Sagellih

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Having issues with google maps. It keeps closing itself. Anyone else having problems with Maps?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums