Verizon SIII JB Upgrade to 4.1.2

KrispyKrink

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for that! I'm running just stock 4.1.1 rooted with CWM recovery, TouchWiz kinda grew on me after bouncing around various ROMS. I guess I'll wait until someone posts the full stock 4.1.2 image to apply this update. Forgot I was rooted last night and almost accepted the OTA update.

Krispy,
Once an image becomes available you should be able to use Mobile ODIN: http://market.android.com/details?id=eu.chainfire.mobileodin.pro to flash the new image and inject root at the same time.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

scaryhumor

May 13, 2010
Visit site
When we originally got Jellybean, it was annoying that everytime I connected my phone to my laptop just to charge, I would get a popup asking me to install Verizon crapware to "help your Galaxy S3 communicate with your pc." And the popup won't go away until you answer. Annoying, but tolerable. Now since the update, after I say no to installing the crapware, I get the "Program Compatibility Assistant" popping up telling me that the program did not install correctly, and asking me to reinstall.
I don't need this software, anymore than I need to install anything to access a flash drive. I installed it once when Jellybean first came out, but when I saw it was useless to me, I uninstalled it.
Please, just let me charge my phone in peace.

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for that! I'm running just stock 4.1.1 rooted with CWM recovery, TouchWiz kinda grew on me after bouncing around various ROMS. I guess I'll wait until someone posts the full stock 4.1.2 image to apply this update. Forgot I was rooted last night and almost accepted the OTA update.

They have stock rooted 4.1.2 over on xda. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2178482

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Jason Gregory

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I had it available today on my phone but after downloading and rebooting I get an error saying I have unauthorized softward on my phone. I went to Verizon store and they were clueless and just reset phone. I tried again and got the same error but now can not figure out how Verizon reset the phone. I've tried volume up, hold the home key and the power key and let go at vibrate but error still keeps coming up. Any suggestions other than going back to store?

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Power off the phone, then hold volume up, home button and power until you see the galaxy s3 logo. You should boot into recovery. Use the volume rocker to select factory reset the use the power key to select it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

MrGr8

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Have any of you noticed that after this update when you try to move an icon on your screen it just scrolls really fast through the pages and makes it difficult to place the icon on the page that you want it?

Sent from my Samsung GS3 using Tapatalk 2

davidsnoodles

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Rooted S3 here with stock image/ROM. I used Triangle Away to get rid of my flash count and to preserve the "Device status: Normal." I downloaded the update and it installed using CWM, after it installed it asked two questions, 1) if I wanted to prevent flashing the stock bootloader (I said yes, of course) and 2) if I wanted to maintain root (and again, I said yes). Phone booted up (after a scary 5 seconds of it stuck on the "Samsung Galaxy S3 screen), and it said update failed. However when I went into the status, my phone says its on 4.1.2 and I still have root.

Last edited:

rovobay

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
photo burst option is cool. same with sending a long text message where the field expands and you don't need to scroll up to see it. wonder what else is on there....

piper28

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Got the update today and it appears to have broken streaming music to my Jeep. Phone still works, but it doesn't seem to connect for streaming media. The Jeep where it lists the phones has a spot that has a check for phone, and and x for music. Tried rebinding the phone, but not having any luck so far. So if this is enhanced bluetooth, count me in for a thumbs down.

jj2339

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
After the update, my battery is not doing nearly as well. I had the same issue when the Jelly Bean update occurred, so I'm hoping it improves with time. Yesterday I'd go through 40% of my battery in under five hours, without even touching it. When I looked at the usage (no screen shot), I had majority of the battery being burned up by the Android OS, with second biggest culprit being Maps. Again, it was merely sitting by me at the same desk it normally sits at, but burning through battery. Even this AM I burned through 10% with minimal usage after I took it off the charger, in less than 30 minutes. Rebooted it, so let's hope that helps, or it just calms down a bit with time.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
After the update, my battery is not doing nearly as well. I had the same issue when the Jelly Bean update occurred, so I'm hoping it improves with time. Yesterday I'd go through 40% of my battery in under five hours, without even touching it. When I looked at the usage (no screen shot), I had majority of the battery being burned up by the Android OS, with second biggest culprit being Maps. Again, it was merely sitting by me at the same desk it normally sits at, but burning through battery. Even this AM I burned through 10% with minimal usage after I took it off the charger, in less than 30 minutes. Rebooted it, so let's hope that helps, or it just calms down a bit with time.

I was seeing the same thing but having better luck after 3 or 4 reboots.

brad419

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Since the update I have been getting increased battery usage! 1 day and 6hr, and still 56% battery. Don't know why.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Have any of you noticed that after this update when you try to move an icon on your screen it just scrolls really fast through the pages and makes it difficult to place the icon on the page that you want it?

Sent from my Samsung GS3 using Tapatalk 2
I've noticed similar behavior with 4.1.1. Don't see it as an issue, just something that takes awhile to get used to. But understand how it can be somewhat difficult at first.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed similar behavior with 4.1.1. Don't see it as an issue, just something that takes awhile to get used to. But understand how it can be somewhat difficult at first.

Maybe setting the animations to 1x will help.

--Tapatalk 2 on SGS3.

Parker Kincaid

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Rooted S3 here with stock image/ROM. I used Triangle Away to get rid of my flash count and to preserve the "Device status: Normal." I downloaded the update and it installed using CWM, after it installed it asked two questions, 1) if I wanted to prevent flashing the stock bootloader (I said yes, of course) and 2) if I wanted to maintain root (and again, I said yes). Phone booted up (after a scary 5 seconds of it stuck on the "Samsung Galaxy S3 screen), and it said update failed. However when I went into the status, my phone says its on 4.1.2 and I still have root.

I was prompted to update my phone as I was walking out the door around midnight on Friday and let it update. Not sure why but I was in a hurry and just clicked okay. What you described is similar to my experience and I was left baffled. Upon restarting I was told the update failed in a pop-up window. Initially looking deeper I was told the update failed with an error code 410. I checked for an OTA update since the update had supposedly failed, was informed there was none, and then went back to check my details listed about the device. My phone shows as completely successfully updated. It's been 3 days without any issues. Go figure.