Verizon Unlimited Data Confusion

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I mean the most I have spent on a phone was $349...there is no way I am paying any higher than that...I can't afford it and even if I could I wouldn't...and Apple can shove it..iphone's are so overrated..really

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I mean the most I have spent on a phone was $349...there is no way I am paying any higher than that...I can't afford it and even if I could I wouldn't...

But just because you can't and won't doesn't mean it's crazy for someone else to.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

Gerorne

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Actually... I have another question... How does it work if one person on a family plan upgrades after the 28th... does the whole family plan get scrapped and everyone has to be on board with the new Share Everything plan?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Actually... I have another question... How does it work if one person on a family plan upgrades after the 28th... does the whole family plan get scrapped and everyone has to be on board with the new Share Everything plan?

If that line on the existing family plan has unlimited data, they'll have to switch to a tiered data plan when they upgrade.

Gerorne

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Oh my question was if one line switches... does it remove the unlimited data from all the other lines on the plan and they all have to switch? (I think from what you're saying the answer is "No." and that I'd be able to keep my unlimited data regardless of what the other people in the plan do.)

My concern about keeping my unlimited data isn't about saving month here and now. I haven't sat down and worked all the numbers. What I want to do is have peace of mind for the possibility of future proofing myself. I checked my usage, and this past month I used 0.8 gigs by myself, and I have yet to subscribe to Hulu Plus, which is something I've been considering for a while. (I'm actually surprised I used so much data.)

I've been thinking about streaming The Daily Show/Colbert Report and other shows while I commute. (To listen to, not watch while driving. 95% of the show is all about the audio, not the visuals. Same with plenty of other shows.) Would that make me a data abuser if I started doing that? Streaming content is becoming more and more prevalent, and I want to keep that option open for me. I can always switch plans later, I can't switch back.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Oh my question was if one line switches... does it remove the unlimited data from all the other lines on the plan and they all have to switch? (I think from what you're saying the answer is "No." and that I'd be able to keep my unlimited data regardless of what the other people in the plan do.)

It does not remove unlimited data on the other lines.

Reactions: Gerorne

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I mean the most I have spent on a phone was $349...there is no way I am paying any higher than that...I can't afford it and even if I could I wouldn't...and Apple can shove it..iphone's are so overrated..really

When you factor in the cost to satisfy and complete your two year contract you are paying more than what you would have paid had you purchased the phone outright.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Gerorne

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
When you factor in the cost to satisfy and complete your two year contract you are paying more than what you would have paid had you purchased the phone outright.

Well... let's say I was going to stay on Verizon regardless (because of great corporate discount.) so that the two years of being locked in for the overall bill didn't matter. If I just save $12.50 per month for the next two years by staying on this plan and not switching, I break even while still having the option to stay on my unlimited plan or switching over. So while it's $300 up front that I'm paying. (No tax/no shipping from amazon), I expect that to be less over the course of the next two years.

(If I stick with the same phone and don't try to sell and upgrade sooner.)

My data usage is going to increase, I just don't know by how much. Streaming services are only getting better, with a wide variety of content and competitive prices.

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I am eligible for an upgrade on the 29th. I guess I'll loose the unlimited plan since the new plans go into effect on the 28th. This will affect all three phones on my family plan. Is there anyway around this besides paying full retail price for a phone? It looks like I'll have to stick with my current phone, pay full retail price, on go the the shared data plan. Just two days and that stinks.

Call in and see if you can upgrade early, my upgrade was in September and they let me upgrade early, phone is on it's way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Honestly..your nuts paying full price..secondly...it really doesn't take a whole thinking process of what phone to get..usually I get a phone and stick with it for 2 years or 3 if possible..If it works it works..I love my razr maxx and tend on keeping as long as possible..its 4G LTE..its a droid it does what apple iphone can't...etc..thats that

What is nuts is promoting a flawed and incorrect position. He is money ahead doing what he did. There is a reason buying phone on contract is classified as subsidized.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jameszang48