Video Converter?

tonksnatcher

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
There may be no answer to this yet but I figured I would ask.

I have noticed that many of you use file converters to view media on your Heros, but is there an app or anything that can be used within the phone itself to convert those random codecs used by other devices. My main objective is to be able to view (and hear) videos that are sent from the Instinct. They use 3gp video and QCELP audio and I can not get the audio to work using a bunch of the different media players on the market. I would hate to have to mount my phone to the computer, convert the file, and then send it back to the phone everytime someone sends me a video from one of these phones.

Has anyone found an app or a fix for this?

I have a with google phone, and am not rooted.

Thanks in advance to any assistance.

vbsoulpole

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I just got my Hero last week and came from an Instinct. All of my videos work just fine on the Hero and didn't require any new conversion. I use AVS Video Converter to do all my converting if that helps at all.

All that said, I've not heard of an app that does what you're asking. Sorry :(

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Hero last week and came from an Instinct. All of my videos work just fine on the Hero and didn't require any new conversion. I use AVS Video Converter to do all my converting if that helps at all.

All that said, I've not heard of an app that does what you're asking. Sorry :(

I also use this. It is pretty decent.

ElAguila

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Download the trial version of yxflash from the market and see if that works. It is 9.99 if it does so it would be cheaper to mount the phone and convert the video. I use a program called format factory that converts a wide array of video/audio using a gui menu.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WyattEarp