Video problems

ips

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I got my moto droid sunday and I absolutely love it besides one problem. Videos simply do not work (youtube viewed from browser, native app, native widget and any movie in any format I load onto the phone). They will usually play fine for a few seconds and then display a message saying sorry this video could not be played. I tried youtube before installing anything on the phone and the only thing I put on the phone before my first few tries with loading video was music and beautiful widgets.

As far as loaded videos, I use handbrake and have tried the ipod/iphone preset, no preset and played around with settings in the ipod legacy pre set. I have loaded different videos in MPEG, MPEG4 and MP4 and have even tried loading trailers I found on droidforums that were "optimized for moto droid". The video either shows up in the gallery and doesnt work or wont show up in the gallery at all but will show up in astro with the same results . I hope someone here can help me get video to work because everything else on this phone is flawless

ips

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I just did a hard reset and the problems continue. I have no idea what the next step even is...could this be a faulty device?

EDIT: Ive also noticed that my phone is occasionally rebooting itself.

Last edited:

ips

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Even if no one knows how to solve this issue, does anyone have any idea what it could be? some random apps have also begun to force close...including apps I have never opned like corporate calendar.... this is bizare

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WyattEarp