VM670 update?

sdxben

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I ran into that same problem when changing PRLs... Try turning off the phone while it is connected to the computer, worked for me and my drivers

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

easyguy

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I ran into that same problem when changing PRLs... Try turning off the phone while it is connected to the computer, worked for me and my drivers

I know it's possible to change the PRL while the phone is off, but can you upgrade an OS while the phone is off?

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I just restored a custom recovery, and restored my Nandroid of Nameless V1. Yep, you guessed it. I can now see the update again. Why I can not see it on stock, I have no clue.

sdxben

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Isn't there a button combo to put the phone in download mode or is that another android I am thinking of?

takehull

Hipster Retro Jelly Bean
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

El Schisne

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I was on rooted stock (I've never flashed a different ROM or recovery) until a few minutes ago. I just moved all Virgin's extra APKs back to /system/app, rebooted the phone, and unrooted. When I downloaded the LG updater tool, it didn't see the phone as connected. I installed the drivers again, and it still doesn't think the phone is connected. Turned USB debugging off; still doesn't register as connected.

If anyone figures out how to get the updater tool to realize the phone is plugged in, maybe I can try out this update.

Last edited:

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
It shouldn't be. On the off chance that I mixed them up(as I had an S copy I used for something else earlier on a different V than the one I pulled everything in that guide from), I'm testing one that I know was pulled from my V.

What would it take to make it a flasable zip? Does it have to be installed to the phone then pulled off the phone?

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I am guessing no one has gotten the update to work. Or else we would of heard something by now from someone/somewhere. The LG program does not recognize my phone when on stock/stock recovery but it does recognize it on nameless/custom recovery. I can get the update to download that way, but it will go no farther. If anyone on stock/stock recovery can get the update installed, we would love to hear just what the update is.

I went back to stock using the following guide.

Last edited:

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Is there a sure fire way to make the phone not boot passed the bootanimation that doesn't involve a new kernel or rom?

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I was on rooted stock (I've never flashed a different ROM or recovery) until a few minutes ago. I just moved all Virgin's extra APKs back to /system/app, rebooted the phone, and unrooted. When I downloaded the LG updater tool, it didn't see the phone as connected. I installed the drivers again, and it still doesn't think the phone is connected. Turned USB debugging officer; still doesn't register as connected.

If anyone figures out how to get the updater tool to realize the phone is plugged in, maybe I can try out this update.

When it gets to 25 percent on downloader and says something like please connect phone. Unplug phone plug it back in and click retry or continue. That may help.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok I did something risky that might work. I did a temp root using superone click. Then I manually deleted build.prop using adb shell. I then rebooted and it the phone gets stuck at the boot animation, but the correct drivers install and stick.
The phone update is hard at work now.

FYI back up your build.prop if you are going to try this.

El Schisne

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I rebooted the phone into recovery. My computer took its sweet time installing drivers (one never finished), but the LG tool is now downloading the update. We'll see how it ends.

I can confirm that the file size is 101.49 MB.

Edit: The driver that supposedly failed to install was "LGE Android Platform USB Modem." That's probably not an actual problem--just a safeguard against USB tethering. I don't think anything went wrong until after the file downloaded (see my next post).

Last edited:

easyguy

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok I did something risky that might work. I did a temp root using superone click. Then I manually deleted build.prop using adb shell. I then rebooted and it the phone gets stuck at the boot animation, but the correct drivers install and stick.
The phone update is hard at work now.

FYI back up your build.prop if you are going to try this.

Waiting to hear good news.............

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellofello