Voice Actions "Send Email" - How to select what email account it uses

robert221usa

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey all -

Still loving my N4 and thanks to everyone here I have been learning a lot about it. One of my favorite things is the voice actions - the bar at the top with the microphone. I use it for everything.

one thing I have been looking for but unable to find is how to set the default email application that it uses when I say "send email". I do not use Gmail on my phone rather an exchange sever. I of course have a gmail account for the play store etc....but do not sync any gmail.

When I use voice actions to send an email it uses gmail VS the Corporate account - is there a way to change that ?

robert221usa

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Also if anyone knows a way to separate the body from the subject that would be great. I was (And still am) a big proponent of "Vlingo" and in "vlingo" you can say 'send email' to (person) 'subject' (hi) 'message' (Just wanted to say hi) and the email woudl be sent with the subject of HI and body of Just wanted to say hi. Everything seems to appear in the subject of the voice actions?

robert221usa

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Okay - I did just find if you say "subject" and "message" it works somewhat - for some reason a word or two gets clipped each time for me but that might be me.

So if anyone knows how to change the email account voice actions will use that would be of big help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts