Voice control for camera and ok Google not working

spinachie

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site
My voice control for taking pictures on camera is not working and same for Google assistant.

I have checked settings and all good.

Have restarted phone. Don't want to restore to factory settings as just bought phone.

Any advice?

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Is Bixby enabled? Bixby is causing my OK Google not to work. I have to toggle the settings off and then back on for it to work.

Nikkiekoala

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Ya basically Bixby disables the camera voice control feature. You can open your camera app and say 'Hey Bixby take a picture' . That works. A bit more wordy the just saying 'smile'.

ihearlivepplz

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Youre speaking to it wrong. Either that or bixby causing problems. There are a lot of people with threads about Google not working and bixby seemed to be the culprit.

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't have any of these issues mentioned here. I just used Google Assistant to launch the camera and then used voice control to take about 5 pictures using different trigger words. Hopefully you guys can get your kinks ironed out. Bixby has been a pleasant surprise thus far.

RiverCity.45

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm that having Bixby set to always listening disables voice control of the camera. Turn off that option in Bixby's settings to regain the ability.

spinachie

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site
There's no option to turn that off for me, unless I'm looking in the wrong place? I opened Bixby, hit settings, then couldn't see it.

RogS62

Aug 14, 2017
Visit site
I was not able to use voice control till I read this thread. I turned off Bixby... boom all is good now. Camera works on voice.

pixielee22

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Very frustrating... I would think after all this time it would be resolved! I would like to try and like Bixby but my camera voice action is used multiple times a day

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anna_miller