Voice Dialing Volume over BT on Froyo

69Eliminator

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I've run into an odd issue that I can't figure out. I'm running stock Froyo but rooted. I have a Plantronics M1100 BT headset. This issue is when I try to voice dial over bluetooth, the volume from Nuance is so low that I can barely hear the prompts; basically I can't hear it at all. The media and bluetooth volumes are turned up to max volume but that doesn't make a difference. If I turn off BT and launch Nuance, its volume is fine over the phone's speaker. I didn't have this issue when I was running stock eclair 2.1. I can hear people just fine over the headset when I manually dial them, so I don't think the problem is with the headset.

Oh, and I have noticed one other issue since upgrading to 2.2. My headset supports A2DP but my phone seems to lose the profile configuration for the headset, specifically the "media" setting. This normally happens after I turn the headset off and back on again. When BT reconnects to it, the phone profile is enabled but media is unchecked even when I had previously set it to enabled. Again, this worked fine under 2.1 and the problem started after upgrading to 2.2.

I have used odin to return to stock and then upgraded to 2.2 via OTA update but still have these problems. I'm hoping there is something simple that I am overlooking. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

69Eliminator

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, I was able to fix the low volume voice dialing problem. After doing some Google searches, I found a similar issue on the Motorola's owners forum (of all places). I downloaded "AudioManager" from the marketplace and that application showed my "Voice Call Volume" being set at 1. I cranked it up to 7 (max) and now the voice prompts from Nuance are audible. I have no idea where in Android that setting is at though I did try looking for it. Anyhow, hopefully this may help out someone else that might experience it.

mharp1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Thank you sooooo much for posting the anwer. I installed AudioManager on my HTC Evo 4G LTE and now I can set the "Voice Call" volume. I'm sooo happy :) Why this "Voice Call" volume level is not available in the Android Volume Settings is ridiculous. Thanks for posting the solution!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sams_s22plus