Volume+ (Full Version)

JoJoCal19

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
This reminds me of my HTC Touch Pro WinMo days. The volume on it and several other WinMo de ices were almost inaudible. We had to tweak a system sound file using hexadecimal to raise the volume.

beck79

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Didn't work for me either. Installed fine, UI works, no change in volume. Verizon issued 4.0.2 installed

Did you tick both 'Speaker Modifications' in the speaker settings of the App?
Also go to Phone's settings->sound->music effects and make sure Volume+ is selected in the pop up.

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Man, I can't get this thing to work. I got it installed, and followed all the instructions. I just don't notice any difference. Is everyone noticing a big difference in volume out, or is it subtle?

airtaz

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Did you tick both 'Speaker Modifications' in the speaker settings of the App?
Also go to Phone's settings->sound->music effects and make sure Volume+ is selected in the pop up.

Can you elaborate on the "both" Speaker modifications you are referring to? I only see one in the free version of this app that relates to the speaker.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me or is the app not working for anyone else, installed everything fine and no matter what level I'm putting it at(not going to high in the case it does decide to work) I can not hear a difference in sound.

Your not alone. I'm assume what everyone is saying the difference being is the external speaker. It does seem to enhance that some but, it doesn't seem to change much for the headset. I've played with all the EQ settings and, it doesn't seem any better than the stock music player.

I guess I'm not really too concerned about the external speaker because I use headphones most of the time when watching a video or playing music. I'll have to test it out and see if it makes the notifications sound louder.

beck79

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Can you elaborate on the "both" Speaker modifications you are referring to? I only see one in the free version of this app that relates to the speaker.
The 'free' version has only one 'Speaker Modifications' tick box.
The full version has '2'.

LangHoo

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't tell if this app was working or not when I was adjusting external speaker. For the headset adjustments I plugged in my headphones and started a song. While the song was playing I opened Volume+ and made adjustments on the fly. To can clearly hear the volume levels and treble/bass change and you make changes in Volume+. I ended up with Volume at +4 and Bass boost at +8. It's definitely not going to boost the volume level enough to make your ears bleed, but it definitely helps.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know the difference between the free version on the market and this full version (even though it looks free from the link)?

airtaz

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
After jumping through all kinds of hoops trying to download this thing, I was able to, so it appears. BTW: did you guys download a specific download manager?

Regardless...I turned on pandora and started to mess with the settings while the music was playing...no difference. I even cranked it to +15...no difference. I also put the EQ settings all down the middle.

Also, the version of the file says .6..but after installed the version in the app says .5.

pma

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Volume+ definitely boosts my speaker so I can now hear alerts and ringers :), but the headset settings don't seem to have any effect at all :-\

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I turned on Virtual Room effect and set that to 4. Bass enhance, i set that to 4 as well. Then i started to notice a huge difference!
great app.

CFD323

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
The 'free' version has only one 'Speaker Modifications' tick box.
The full version has '2'.

So which 2 get checked? "Speaker Mods" and "Virtual Room Effect"? And if VRE gets checked, what do I set the Virtual Room Level at? The same level as the Volume Level setting?

beck79

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
So which 2 get checked? "Speaker Mods" and "Virtual Room Effect"? And if VRE gets checked, what do I set the Virtual Room Level at? The same level as the Volume Level setting?
Here is the screenshot from my Galaxy Nexus for the ones I 'ticked' (I have the full version of the app). Click on 'Volume Level' to set the level in pop-up.
I tried '+4', as I wasn't sure if going up will damage the speaker or something. It is not loud or anything at '+4', but better than stock.
I only tried the settings for the Speaker, I found the Bluetooth volume good enough and I don't use the headset much.
From the descriptions in some screens of the 'full version' application, it seems like if the phone is 'rooted', it might work better. Mine is 'stock' and I am not planning to root it at this moment.
I hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware