Vote for your favorite launcher here

Which Android launcher do you think is the best?

• Total voters

uzr10278

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I really like ADW Ex but it kills my battery. Other than that its great. But have to addmit I really like sense ui and it doesnt drain my battery. So I might just have to go back to Sense.

whatsupchad

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
LauncherPro

Looks like LauncherPro is in the lead. I wish Android would just make this as a default launcher for all their phones. It's only a couple bucks when you buy it too. My wife and I really enjoy it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dirt Mcgirt

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I have Go Launcher EX and pretty content with it so far.
I am surprised to see how many more people like LP over ADW. I've heard issues with LP draining battery and performance. Think these complaints are all device based and how nice the launcher plays with it?

JrrInTN

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
It was Launcher Pro Plus but switched to Go Launcher, really happy with it...

Same here. I've been using Launcher Pro Plus, but recently I've started having problems with it getting laggy and icons/widgets dissappearing and taking forever to show back up. I've now switched over to Go Launcher and so far I actually like it MUCH better than LP. I particularly like its folder implementation within the app screen and on launcher screens -- just check off which apps to include. Also, LP (and others I've tried) are at times slow opening the apps screen -- only showing apps as icons were loaded -- whereas Go seems to immediately show all apps with a default icon and only THEN worrying about showing the apps true icon. (Maybe I needed a different setting or something in LP, but couldn't find it.) I also think Go has a better implementation of the dock bar -- very similar to LP but better swipe actions (for additional apps) IMO. The only "bug" I've found so far is that although you can have 3 pages of scrolling dock items (again, similar to LP), only the first of these is available in landscape for some reason.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I tried Launcher Pro, and ADW... but always switched back to HTC's Sense... finally saw Launcher Wars 3, GO Launcher EX by PocketNow... it was a very helpful video that told me a lot about the launcher, setting/options. I've been up and running with Go Launcher EX for a few days now and really like it... great for hiding all those unwanted (Bloatware) apps from HTC and VZW.

Reactions: Trekker

spenfive

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
favorite launcher

Spb shell 3d, by far,in mho is the best launcher, tipping the scales at something like 17mb
It is full of custom options, and user friendly. Open home is my second favorite.:cool:

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I used reg ADW for the longest time after trying LP and GO. Just installed ADW ex today after hearing about the big update. Its the bees knees.

lafountain

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I tried ADW and I tried LauncherPro, both worked quite nicely, but in the end, I just stuck with Touchwiz. I know that most out there don't really like Touchwiz, but I find it does the job quite well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wengelgenene