VZW HTC Passion

cjohnson481

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
just startin the thread. couple places out there rumoring this to be the cdma version of the htc dragon.

specs so far rumored:
1 gHz Snapdragon Processor
HTC Sense UI
Android 2.0

some say the specs could be something close to the HTC Leo/HD2: http://bit.ly/3Hr2cq

rumored to be called the predator. my apologies for not being able to change thread title.

will update post as new info comes out.

Last edited:

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
It has been rumored for a while now that the HTC HD2 would be coming to the states as a CDMA phone running Android, from the looks off all the stats I've seen on the Passion it's true, the Passion is the HTC HD2.

Neutrino

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
What has been rumored to be the Passion for Verizon may turn out to be an unlocked GSM device. Rumor sites are commenting. My vote is not out yet.

cjohnson481

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
??HUH?? If you haven't see pics than how can you say the Predator looks like the HD2?

we know a few people "in the know" and their comments have hinted as such.

just think about Google Maps Nav on this sweet beast of a phone. 4.3" navigation screen?! I'll have a few backseat drivers in my car!

xliderider

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I read about this somewhere, can't remember where, but I remember seeing that the snapdragon processor put a strong drain on the battery life.

Heard that as well. It would be a feat for them to run the Snapdragon processor at the full rated 1 GHZ and have decent battery life. That's why I would expect the processor to be underclocked, perhaps in the 700 to 800 MHZ range. That's just pure speculation on my part though.

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
This device is a beast. If only it had a physical keyboard I would make it my daily device.. I can only say that the phone is in testing and doing quite well. Battery life isnt great but that mainly due to the fact that its pushing Sense UI which has alot of things going on.. Hopefully they will optimize it to get the best of both worlds.. otherwise under clocking may be the only solution.

wolf1306

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
This device is a beast. If only it had a physical keyboard I would make it my daily device.. I can only say that the phone is in testing and doing quite well. Battery life isnt great but that mainly due to the fact that its pushing Sense UI which has alot of things going on.. Hopefully they will optimize it to get the best of both worlds.. otherwise under clocking may be the only solution.

do u know if its coming any time soon , before xmass or no

Kaus

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
There has been zero talk about it at the VZ store level. (I work for Corp VZW) My fianc?e want's a droid badly but is waiting for this device.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
unless all they are going to do is literally put android onto the HD2 hardware, i don't really see how this could come out at the end of this month with ZERO pictures, FCC filings, somewhat more valid data, etc...

i'm kind of hoping it will come out early next year, so i don't feel as bad when i buy it since i just bought the droid. (i love the droid, but i'm a gadget junkie) so long as it's running 2.0

if it comes out with 1.5 i'll wait for the update before i go get it. :)