Waited on Note 8 before I decided to go with S8+

Cowboy8467

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I had the Note 7 and I loved it until I had to give it back, and now I'm perfectly content with my S8+ and I'm not planning on getting the Note, but one thing that people are possibly overlooking is that Samsung is offering a major discount to previous Note 7 owners, which could bring down the price of the phone significantly.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/8/23/16189724/samsung-galaxy-note-7-discounts-note-8-unpacked-2017

Yeah but correct me if I'm wrong. A lot of people will get screwed with this. For one alot of people turned in their Note 7s late and then got another phone and haven't paid up 50 % on it yet. So although they can get 425 off, before they can do so they have to pay the balance of their previous phone to be eligible for the upgrade. So if you owe $425 on your S7 Edge that has to be paid off before you trade it in for the Note 8 price reduction it's a wash and your still paying full price. The only folks that benefit from this are those when stuck with their old phone was after they returned the Note 7 or who bought their phones in full or paid them off early.

CTREV21

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Well for me I'm glad I've been on the Note 5 for the past year and a half. Going S8 Plus is still a big upgrade for me and if all goes to plan I will probably jump back in come the Note 9.
Not one to be the first to deal with all the new SPen issues that will come not to mention the camera. I did get to play a bit with one at Best Buy and the more I played between the S8+ and the Note 8 the easier it was for me to decide to save a bunch of money for next one instead as most of the hardware was the same.
I did play with the new camera and all the new dual lens features just made it more confusing to me. I think they need to work on the UI side of this new dual lens setup then it will be a winner.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I was trying to hold out for the Note 8, but the battery was so poor and the USB port would barely on my Note 5 so essentially that forced me to get the S8+.

I do miss the S-Pen and I was worried about loosing the handiness of the Air Commands. But with the Edge Panel, that worry seems to be taken care of. I do have an issue every once in a while of fat-fingering things where I could be more precise with the S-Pen. But that's just a minor complaint; I'm perfectly content with the S8+.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Ive had all the Notes w/exception of first one. I'm addicted to the S pen but--and it's a big "but--Samsung has done such an exceptional job w/the S8+ my lust for the Note has been tempered and I'll wait to see what deals are forthcoming in the next few months.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Ive had all the Notes w/exception of first one. I'm addicted to the S pen but--and it's a big "but--Samsung has done such an exceptional job w/the S8+ my lust for the Note has been tempered and I'll wait to see what deals are forthcoming in the next few months.
Same here. Still sitting with my S8 Plus. Would get Note 8 if Blackfriday brings some good deals. Otherwise, I am finding it very very hard to give up close to $1000 of my hard earned money. I would have if it was not for the exceptional performance on the S8 Plus.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Same here. Still sitting with my S8 Plus. Would get Note 8 if Blackfriday brings some good deals. Otherwise, I am finding it very very hard to give up close to $1000 of my hard earned money. I would have if it was not for the exceptional performance on the S8 Plus.

Ditto!