Wallpaper Changes Indicate a hidden App?

Chichick71

May 30, 2019
Visit site
Phone is Samsung Galaxy S9 and carrier is ATT.
My 19 yr old son has been on some trouble. I pay for his phone so he can pay down some other debt. With that privilege, he has given me permission to place a spy app on his phone to monitor his activity. I do not obsessively check it, but do monitor a few times a week to make sure he is where he is and isnt engaging in the same shady behavior that got him in this mess. A few times I have come across a strange image that looks inlaid behind home screen app icons and folders, it also appears the screen is larger and the system and status bar overlay the app buttons. Unfortunately, I dont know know how to add a screen shot here for you to easily view. The design is symmetrical and almost looks like a reflective image, but it's not. I only see this screen occasionally, but gut instinct or mothers intuition has me wondering??? Hummm. Is anyone familiar with an app that would perform this way? Or can you advise how to post an image on this thread so I can share? Looking for peace of mind or an answer that will help justify a conversation and consequences. Thanks all!

I figured out how to attach images. First image is normal wallpaper. Next 2 images are the ones that concern me

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpg
    imagejpeg_0.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 19
  • imagejpeg_1.jpg
    imagejpeg_1.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 20
  • imagejpeg_2.jpg
    imagejpeg_2.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 18

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That looks like a screenshot (slightly enlarged) used as wallpaper. If that's the only thing that worries you, I (speaking as a parent) wouldn't worry about it.

If you know his Google account login and password (since it's legally your phone), try Google Maps Timeline and changing the login to his. Then you can see where he's been when. Last week, last year, a few years ago.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the Android Central Lounge to the S9 forum for more specific traffic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickness54