Want to change user on my Tab A My PW is too long by one letter and I can't enter it!

25544 Norad

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Using a Tab A SM-T580

I wanted to change the user name and address on my tablet, to one of my others, so I could look at Google Photos. When I try and enter the P/W to prove who I am, it won't let me enter the last letter of the P/W. (as if its too long)

Guess I have never tried this b 4 I do it on my PC all the time.

How can I log out of my tablet and log in with my other Gmail address?

Thanks a lot,

25544 Norad

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm probably getting a bit turned around here, so forgive me if I sound confused -- but from what I understand the Tab A is logged into a separate Google account from the phone, right? Just curious, is there a reason why you have two different personal Google accounts for those devices? Are either of the devices provided by a workplace or school?

25544 Norad

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm probably getting a bit turned around here, so forgive me if I sound confused -- but from what I understand the Tab A is logged into a separate Google account from the phone, right? Just curious, is there a reason why you have two different personal Google accounts for those devices? Are either of the devices provided by a workplace or school?

No apologies needed, I'm confused too <sigh> You are correct 2 devices and two accounts. No school and no workplace, I wish.

If you knew my age you'd most likely be surprised, and No work for me, disability took care of that years ago. I suppose I should have both or all devices using the same log in and Gmail etc. But the Tab A and the phone are all separate in fact so is the poor old Trio 4G.

I PGP all my passwords, I figure if someone wants to try and get 'em, I'll slow the process a bit :D

If I knew for sure a hard reset would end my suffering I might do it, too bad there's no "Acronis" to use for the Tab A.

Still though it makes me wonder what bleeding PW it's asking for, seems like 'current password' ain't it!

I am off to look for stock firmware for the TAB 4. You and I know how that works, without saying more.:-X But that's a bull in the china shop way to solve an annoyance, not a real problem.

Tab 4 is on the charger right now and I need to rest anyway, I bet you do too! Doesn't mean I am quitting! :cool:

Cheers mate,

25544 Norad

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
right! TAB A ................................. "A" for ABOMINABLE :eek I knew that,it was just a test for you ;);)

I was just in Sammoblie rooting around, get it> Rooting << When ur mesage came in,/dont stop thinking I haven't.

25544 Norad

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
B Diddy ,

I spent 2 hours on the phone with Samsung and THEY were unable to sort out the problem. If the mfgr can't fix it the way it is, I'll have to decide whether to flash or hard reset or not.. They felt as I do that it isn't from the FRP but rather some sort of a glitch maybe in the sign in process ( we knew that too ) lol

Many thanks for all your help and interest in my niggling problem, few forums would have spent the time and I appreciate it!

When I decide what to do and get the bloody thing sorted I may drop in and let you know. Btw the "Samsung Cloud" is disappearing as of June 29th, that came right from Samsung to my ear, fwiw. I mayb just pull all my photos off the one site and dump them into the newest most recent one, that'd allow one log in to see all the photos albeit they'd be out of numerical order. Who cares as long as I have 'em.

Cheers and beers,

25544 Norad

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
B Diddy,

I always was under the impression that when asked to supply a user name and and Gmail acct, it had to be the one you first entered in when you unboxed the phone. Now I come to find out it can be any Gmail acct that was synced to the phone. :eek: That surely changes things, now I jut might hard reset it since I have a number of Gmail accts on that tablet. Just no second user LOL:mad:

Btw I wanted to update my phone in the user acct area but the Samsung A01 isn't in the list of phones to choose from.

Still soldiering on .... cheers 25544

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, where did you see that? My understanding is that if you're dealing with factory reset protection (where the device is asking for the primary Google account that is associated), it has to be the Google account that the device was set up with, not with any account that was subsequently added.

25544 Norad

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Hmm, where did you see that? My understanding is that if you're dealing with factory reset protection (where the device is asking for the primary Google account that is associated), it has to be the Google account that the device was set up with, not with any account that was subsequently added.

I was always under that impression too...... then whilst nosing the 'net I found two vids to the contrary.

Gonna have to dig deeper for a definitive answer. I don't want to hard reset and then be caught w/o have the ORIGINAL user name and PW for the tablet. However I think I do have the original that was used on the tablet. I don't remember ever changing it.

I have seen 2 vids that say 'any gmail that was synced to the device + the P/W for same. No joy in finding the right firmware, yet, that's why I reverted back to the hard reset.

Of course we all know that whatever is on the 'net is TRUE!! :D:D If you'd like to see those clips I can send you the links for them.

Thanks I keep after it.

25544 Norad

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
B Diddy,
While using the "manage my passwords" in the Tab A, oddly enough I was able to check the 17 character pw with no trouble. IE: It didn't complain about it being too long, if that makes any sense. It didn't truncate the last letter of the pw. Like it does when I try to add a new user. (I have yet to try that again....yet}.

Unable to find the correct OEM firmware to re-flash the tablet.Maybe its too old? Plus my W7 is acting up and it wouldn't make sense to risk bricking the thing. And I can't run Odin from Linux. The Sammobile forum is no help, they didn't even post my question. Makes me wonder why a forum like that exists, if you're going to ignore people, don't have one at all, then you are ignoring everyone!! :D

25544 Norad

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Not yet that will be my next stop, prolly get used as a punching bag there too <sigh> we'll see. I know they assume everyone knows everything they do, a bit of a stretch eh? I'll treat lightly and see how I get on.

I'll let ya know thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I was going to add that as a caveat re: XDA.:-\ I remember a while ago that they were actively trying to encourage more collegiality in the forums there, but maybe they gave up on it?

25544 Norad

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I was going to add that as a caveat re: XDA.:-\ I remember a while ago that they were actively trying to encourage more collegiality in the forums there, but maybe they gave up on it?

In fact you are correct about that. Yes there are a ton of rules to maintain order, but I have to say so far .... they made me feel welcome. But that was before I posted what I wanted to do :eek: We'll see how it shakes out I guess. I felt bad about my previous post here, hollering before I was hurt, if you get my drift.

So we'll see but I was pleasantly surprised to say the least. I can always moan and cry anytime LOL !

Cheers,

25544 :D

25544 Norad

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Off topic my Samsung A01 is displaying captions with the name in White and the background in black. So when I look at the screen there are blackmarks with the caption in the box in white, how did I get it this way? I;d like to have it the way it was IE: black type on a white background.

As for the other forum, I have 2 blokes that want to help. But I have been ill on top of everything else and cant mess with the ROM etc.

Sorry for not starting a new thread about the phone if you want to delete the post I can start it over with a new thread.

Cheers,

25544 IMG_1783.jpgIMG_1783.jpg

25544 Norad

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Not just the 7th all those...... black boxes have the name of a town in them, but I blacked them out all excerpt the last one "Lititz"

GOT IT!

All those black rectangles that surround the name of the locations, aren't normally there.

Found the answer... SETTINGS > ACCESSIBILITY > UN tick the one called > Visibility Enhancements > SHOW button Shapes

Now it's sorted! Now to get woring on that tablet from he$$ lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien