was able to.keep unlimited data

Digitalstorm

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I am very happy I was able to KEEP unlimited data on two phones when I upgraded last friday. The wife and I went in to get new gs3 and thought we were going to loose the unlimited data plan. Turns out the guy helping us said we could keep unlimited if we got another line and swap. Im not sure how he did it, but something like this.. I give my upgrade to the new line then give the new phone to my number. Did the same with the wifes phone. Basically he said I was kinda providing the phone and could keep the data. So we end up paying 10$ more a month and have a third line we wont us.. anyone have this luck?

mesocyclonic

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Never had to do it personally....yet. But that's one of two ways to keep unlimited because the cost of the new line for two years ($10X24=$240) is less than the cost of the subsidy. Also, you have to have a phone to put on that line...presumably, you had a dumbphone lying to put on that line.

The other way is if you already had an existing non-unlimited line (such as a family plan with a dumbphone or tiered smartphone), you could do the swap on that line at no additional cost to you. So, if Verizon is still allowing grandfathered unlimited plans when you're up for another upgrade, you should be able to use that existing line you just created and do the same kind of switch to keep unlimited again, assuming also that they do not decide to disallow this trick in the future.

loyolacs

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I haven't done it yet, but that is my plan in March. My wife managed to upgrade with unlimited right before they switched to shared plans. My contract was up in November, but my daughter is on our plan with a dumbphone and is due for an upgrade in March. I am planning on getting the Note2 using her upgrade in March and transferring it to my line therefore keeping unlimited for another 2 years.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I am very happy I was able to KEEP unlimited data on two phones when I upgraded last friday. The wife and I went in to get new gs3 and thought we were going to loose the unlimited data plan. Turns out the guy helping us said we could keep unlimited if we got another line and swap. Im not sure how he did it, but something like this.. I give my upgrade to the new line then give the new phone to my number. Did the same with the wifes phone. Basically he said I was kinda providing the phone and could keep the data. So we end up paying 10$ more a month and have a third line we wont us.. anyone have this luck?

Was this at a Corporate store? Because I was told you can no longer do this in store. You can technically do it online but in store the reps will just kind of go silent on it. Where was the store you bought it from?

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know this was just a regular verizon store.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Well a lot of the private owned stores will have a actual Verizon wireless sign, but under it day premium retailer or something.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums